Data Operations Specialist
Data Operations Specialist - Trust & Safety
Tripadvisor’s Trust & Safety team is responsible for ensuring user trust in the world's largest travel advice website. We build scalable and robust policies and systems to provide the best user experience and most reliable traveler content.
This role will be on a team within the Trust & Safety team that is dedicated to driving continuous improvement of the organization by measuring and reporting on the performance of technology and processes, developing and refining policies, and establishing best practices for product development. In this role you will have the opportunity to provide a key data perspective supporting innovation both in product and policy strategy. With analytical thinking, you will contribute to improving content fraud detection and the safety of the traveler community.
What you will do:
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify problems and real-time solutions pertaining to data analytics and reporting.
- Manage multiple complex cross-team and cross-company projects end-to-end.
- Enable data-driven investigations and operational requirements in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Partner with product teams to provide input to products and priorities. Use data to suggest and prioritize projects and product ideas focused on increasing efficiency, enhancing automation, and improving quality
- Identify risks and effectively address risks by leveraging product solutions or back-end processes, while simultaneously working with the engineering team to implement projects.
- Assist our Investigations team with identifying and removing fraudulent content by using advanced knowledge of database querying languages like SQL.
- Create and maintain dashboards on business intelligence tools such as Tableau, to track key metrics and analyze fraud trends
- Work closely with team management and stakeholders to define requirements for dashboards and reports.
- Identify, investigate and communicate unexpected variations in trends and work with the management team on implementing solutions.
What you will bring to the team:
- 3+ years working in a data focused role
- University degree or equivalent experience required
- Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases
- Strong experience with Tableau
- A deep understanding of how to define key performance metrics
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Strong communication skills and a talent for collaboration across a global organization
- Ability to clearly communicate and report on complex problems and provide metrics driven solutions.
- A passion for innovation with the ability to proactively drive projects both individually and with your colleagues
- Proficiency in English required. Fluency in multiple languages is a plus.