Senior Engineering Manager, Machine Learning Foundation
New York, San Francisco, Remote
Posted 5 months ago
“The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million users together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. This network of communities generates a corpus of knowledge and opinion that is second to none, and Reddit takes responsibility for helping users navigate, learn from and participate in these communities.
As Engineering Manager for Machine Learning Foundation, you will set and drive Reddit’s strategy for making this corpus of knowledge accessible, developing platforms for content classification and recommendations. You will drive the next generation of content understanding that will create new applications at Reddit and support Reddit growth. You will recruit and build multiple teams charged with delivering the best available technology for Reddit’s corpus, and set a culture of learning, empathy and excellence.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and OpenAI have all trained their premier text-models using Reddit data because we have one of the single most important corpora of conversational data in the world. We are one of the largest sites on the internet and generate an enormous volume of content and activity on a daily basis. The decisions your team drives will influence the experience of millions of users around the world.
Collaborating within the larger Reddit Data organization, you will partner with additional ML, Data, Product and Engineering teams to identify Reddit’s needs for advanced machine learning and set a strategy to meet those needs. You will be responsible for signal quality, systems reliability and responsiveness to new technology and new trends.
As the founding team manager and in a high priority area for Reddit, will be accountable for building, growing, and mentoring a world-class team of engineers and scientists to help Reddit reach its goal of bringing community and belonging to everyone.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, drive and execute the long term vision and strategy for content understanding and machine learning platforms at Reddit.
- Lead, manage and grow the Machine Learning Foundation organization, including Content Classification, ML Platform and additional teams over time. Provide mentorship and growth opportunities for team members to evolve in their roles.
- Ensure development of consistent high quality data products and ensure the adoption of these products throughout the organization
- Standardize data quality measurements by establishing metrics, building tools and processes.
- Work with external vendors and aid build vs buy decisions
- Work closely with data privacy and data security teams at Reddit to help guide the data privacy policies and complying with data protection regulations
Who You Might Be:
- 3+ years of experience building and leading machine learning teams.
- 8+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Effective communicator who can translate complex technical concepts into simple ideas depending on the audience.
- Experience with machine learning, big data and streaming data approaches in large data scale organizations
- Experience with building machine learning research functions; growing a machine learning research practice
More AI/ML/Data Science position highlights
- Explore open Sr Data Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Data Operations Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Explore open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Explore open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer: Business Intelligence Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open BI Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer - Machine Learning Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineer III Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Data Science Consultant Jobs
- Explore open Senior Data Engineer - Streaming Jobs
- Explore open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Data Engineering Manager (Data Science & Analytics) Jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Airflow-related jobs
- Explore open Economics-related jobs
- Explore open Looker-related jobs
- Explore open PyTorch-related jobs
- Explore open Consulting-related jobs
- Explore open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Explore open Healthcare-related jobs
- Explore open Travel-related jobs
- Explore open Data Mining-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Pandas-related jobs
- Explore open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Explore open NLP-related jobs
- Explore open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Explore open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Explore open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Explore open Linux-related jobs
- Explore open BigQuery-related jobs
- Explore open Data pipelines-related jobs
- Explore open NoSQL-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open NumPy-related jobs
- Explore open Keras-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs