Computer Vision and Machine Learning – Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Title: Computer Vision and Machine Learning – Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS (MCL)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Overview: Samsung Research America (SRA) plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services for future products that can enrich your life.
Our mission is to research and develop new technologies by collaborating with the best and brightest and creating a collaborative environment between industry and academia. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with locations in many technology centers in North America, SRA is driven to build a culture of innovation that rapidly translates research and new ideas into the unexpected.
The MCL lab in Mountain View has a dual role to research new ideas that can be implemented into future products as well as take current ideas and refine them to near market quality. This duality provides a unique opportunity to explore new concepts and perform original research but with a knowledge that this work can eventually deploy worldwide on our Samsung devices.
- In this role, you will be providing leadership as well as direct engineering over a variety of CV/AI related tasks. Of special interest is the interplay between traditional computer vision techniques and newly developing AI based computer vision.
- As a member of the technical leadership, you will work with our current team of engineers to not only help organize and insure completion of current tasks, but bring imagination and creativity that will result in new patents, papers, as well as new projects that can be proposed to senior executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / MS or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience with optical based SLAM and scene comprehension for VR and AR projects.
- Solid foundation in computer vision; key areas of interest include camera tracking, visual SLAM, multiple view geometry, 3D reconstruction, detection and recognition, 3D scene comprehension, camera calibration, camera transformation.
- Deep understanding of deep learning algorithms and experience with bringing machine learning technologies into research, product systems.
- Experience with imaging sensors and depth sensors.
- Solid foundation in software development and related tools.
- Proficiency in C, C++, and Java programming language with some experience on the Android platform.
- Experience with graphics pipeline, GPGPU computing with OpenCL and Vulkan, OpenXR is a plus.
- Experience with shading language and rendering pipeline is a plus.
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.