Remote AI/ML Engineer in Wildlife Conservation
The Wild Neighbors Database ProjectWe Design and Develop Online Data Management Systems to Empower Wildlife Professionals and Advance One Health
The Wild Neighbors Database Project is looking to contract with an experienced data scientist engineer who wants an opportunity to work on a unique and meaningful application. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in AI/ML, data science, and natural language processing, as well as a passion for wildlife conservation.
The Wild Neighbors Database Project is a a fully remote US based 501(c)3 non-profit organization which promotes international wildlife rehabilitation by developing online data management software and helping implement its use worldwide to gather and exchange wildlife data. We are a small team of dedicated individuals intent on supporting and improving the lives of wildlife everywhere. It is a tough job but we are equal to the task.
What You Will be Doing
You will be working with our lead developer architecting and developing a near real-time wildlife morbidity and mortality event alert system. This system (1) uses multi-classification ML models to tag wildlife cases with standardized terminology; (2) calculates thresholds set by time-series analyses for species X classification combinations and (3) searches wildlife cases for anomalies compared to established thresholds. This is an opportunity to work on applications that solve real-world challenges faced by wildlife health professionals and contribute to wildlife conservation.
What Is The Ideal Candidate Like?
- Lives in the United States.
- You should be detail-oriented, thorough, and obsessed with pixel-perfect design.
- You should be able to anticipate problems and plan ahead for them.
- You should be self-motivated, organized, and able to manage your time wisely.
- You should be fluent in English and able to communicate well.
- You should have a passion for wildlife conservation, birding or natural sciences.
- Required experience with Python, R, or similar programming languages (3 years).
- Preferred experience with Tensorflow / Keras and natural language processing models.
- Experience with both consuming and designing RESTful APIs.
- Familiar with appropriate data storage solutions for the use of the application.
- Excellent communication skills, experience interacting with diverse scientific teams.
Principal Responsibilities And Duties
- Implement and refine multi-classification machine learning models for wildlife disease applications.
- Develop database search algorithms based on a variety of taxonomic, clinical and geospatial variables.
- Develop backend API’s for consumption by our user facing applications.
- Collaborate with researchers and clinicians (our end users) to understand their needs.
- Keep project manager well informed of the status of development efforts.
- Write clean structured and well-documented code.
- Be a thought leader on the team, advocating best practices in security, testing, accessibility, and maintainability.
- Participate in team meetings and presentations.
Compensation: $75/hr – $90/hr (depending on experience)
- Start date: ~May 2023
- Fully remote based role
- Contractor 1099 position
- Lives in the United States
- Salary range: $75/hr – $90/hr depending on your experience
How to Apply
We would love to see some examples of your work, engaging, interactive apps / demos built with the skills required for the job, your github account, your blog (if you have one) and a cover letter with answers to at least the following questions:
- Why would you like to work with The Wild Neighbors Database Project?
- Can you share at least one piece of work you are really proud of and which falls in line with the job specifications.
- Can you give us a brief description about your background, how do you work, what motivates you and how do you manage to work remotely?
Please send all of the above in one email to email@example.com. We promise to personally respond to every single application that at least has the word “dog” mentioned in the cover letter. We will be accepting submissions until April 31, 2023.
The Wild Neighbors Database Project is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are open to all backgrounds and never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tags: APIs Classification Data management GitHub Keras Machine Learning ML models NLP Python R Security TensorFlow Testing
Perks/benefits: Career development Health care
More jobs like this
New York City, United … New York City, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 140K - 160K USD 140K+
Senior Product Manager (Machine Learning)Computer Science Data Analytics Engineering Machine Learning Market research Research +1
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Health care Lunch / meals +3
Atlanta, Georgia, United States … Atlanta, Georgia, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 51K - 94K * USD 51K+ *
ML & AI Product ManagerAPIs Computer Science Consulting Data analysis Engineering Machine Learning +3
Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance Startup environment
Portland, Oregon, United States … Portland, Oregon, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 51K - 94K * USD 51K+ *
Power BI Developer for Power Platform TeamAgile Architecture Azure Business Intelligence Consulting Consulting firm +10
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +6
San Francisco, California, United … San Francisco, California, United States - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 161K - 204K USD 161K+
Oura Health Ltd
Data Engineer (San Francisco)AWS Computer Science Data pipelines Engineering Industrial Mathematics +5
Career development Competitive pay Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours +10
Explore more AI, ML, Data Science career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open (Senior) Digital Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open MLOps Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Manager, Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist Intern jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Data Analytics-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs