Data Analytics Manager, Product
Redwood City, CA
[Manager, Product Analytics]
The Poshmark data analytics team is looking for an analytics leader to drive insights, inference data science and analytics to support product and engineering teams. You will have a unique opportunity to build a team of analysts, proactively identify and drive new data initiatives and ultimately shape the product roadmap.
- Conceptualize and lead a range of insights, and ab testing projects to deliver measurable business impact.
- Responsible for providing guidance, day-to-day management and analytics review to the team of analysts on short term and long term projects to inform both day-to-day tactical decisions and long-term strategic vision.
- Build and further develop on product health reporting tools, dashboards and scalable solutions to monitor and quickly react to trends and opportunities
- Collaborate with product development and product management teams to develop testing strategies, followed by end to end implementation with engineering teams.
- Manage and further develop on existing and new analytics solutions to enable rapid experimentation.
- Partner with product, data and engineering teams to advance data capture, logging and reporting capabilities.
- Build deep partnerships with business, product management, and technology leaders
- Interpret and present the findings to company executives and internal stakeholders as needed. Represent the work of the Data team across the company, serving as a bridge, buffer and conduit between technical and non-technical groups.
- Promote a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, knowledge sharing, expanding team’s skill set, teamwork, focus on Poshmark’s growth and fun
- Lead, hire, manage and mentor a team of analysts
- Full understanding of Poshmark’s buyer/seller experience and commerce functions, relevant data systems and key short term and long term priorities.
- Gain ownership of and get fully operational on running experimentation for client teams.
- Established good relationships with all direct reports, data teams and client teams.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Trusted advisor to all key stakeholders. Proactively identifying and driving new data initiatives to deepen product understanding and contribute to product roadmap.
- Further strengthen and build out the buyer experience and commerce product analytics team
- 8+ years of experience in analytics and business intelligence with 2+ years in management and/or leadership capacity
- Hands on experience managing a team of analysts on internal/external delivery of short to long term analytics projects
- Hands on experience working with Big data, ideally clickstream data, in Big data volume sectors such as ecommerce, gaming, social network etc
- Ability to translate and present complex analysis in executive summaries. Excellent communication and project management skills
- Strong understanding of data warehouse and data integration architectures and tools
- Hands-on experience with at least few of the traditional and recent data science and modeling methodologies - experimental design (Multivariate/A-B testing), regression and ML models.
- Experience with querying databases and using statistical computer languages - SQL, Hive, Python, and R. Proficiency will be a strong plus
- Experience in the ecommerce industry is a big plus.
- Someone who shows passion in developing others individually and as a team
- Someone who is passionate, approachable, thoughtful, respectful to our team and customers
- M. S. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S. and Canada is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit newsroom.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.