Sr. Data Scientist - Computer Vision
New York or Remote USA
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
Socure is hiring a Lead Data Scientist to lead efforts to improve our current computer-vision based identity verification solution. The Lead Data Scientist is part of a global team, and will work under the direction of the Director Data Science and in close partnership with data science teammates and colleagues in product and engineering. They will contribute in a hands-on capacity to the development and implementation of computer vision algorithms, as well as make technical recommendations to drive solutions.
This role can be based anywhere remotely within the USA.
For more information, check out this brief video featuring Socure’s SVP Data Science Pablo Abreu.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the the machine learning aspect of projects related to the evolution of the product, working in collaboration with the Product and Engineering teams
- Identify opportunities to solve challenges with novel solutions
- Implement, optimize and deploy cutting edge computer-vision algorithms like OCR, RCNN, MTCNN, SSD ResNet, SSD MobileNet, Barcode Reader,…
- Feature Engineering
- Perform analysis to assess risk of fraud
What You'll Bring:
- Masters or PhD. in deep learning and computer vision
- Experience with object detection, segmentation, face detection and recognition verification, text detection and recognition, anomaly detection are highly valuable
- A minimum of 4+ years experience as a data scientist, ML or CV engineer or scientist, contributing in both a hands-on and strategic capacity
- Expertise and knowledge in the state of the art of computer vision and machine learning
- You are experienced with GPU
- You have programming experience in Pytorch and/or TensorFlow
- Experienced with optimization of models to reduce memory and latency
- Experienced with embedding deep learning into mobile devices
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process to deploying deep-learning models to production
- Hands-on and motivated to build things and make them work
- Skillful communicator and collaborator partnering with cross-functional teams and communicating statistical fundamentals to a variety of audiences
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.