Data Scientist II
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about the Data team at SurveyMonkey
This role will report directly into our VP of Data on interim basis
What we're looking for
We are looking for a machine learning and data mining expert to join our data science team to lead the development of Business strategy setting projects. As a member of the Data Science team, you will help find key insights from large amounts of our people-powered data, suggest and implement new product features, and make improvements in existing models for better user experience. You will develop data science models and systems, and need to implement and use intelligent tools and technologies. You will help internal members to achieve extraordinary value for our customers.
- Develop solutions that improve our performance through advanced statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization technologies.
- Develop machine learning models, including data preprocessing, feature engineering, classification and prediction model development, as well as model deployment.
- AWS knowledge is must
- Strong programming skills, expert knowledge of algorithms, and data structures (Python preferred).
- Prior experience and continued interest in mentorship and technical development of junior data scientists.
- Prior experience in partnering with business teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Experience in AWS sagemaker portfolio: studio, autopilot, model monitor
- Master's in Computer Science or a data-driven physical science, or equivalent, plus 4 or more years of relevant industry experience.
- Industrial data-mining / analytics experience including applied techniques in data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP) or graph mining preferred.
- Knowledge of Airflow, Pytorch/Tensorflow, Scikit-learn and Pandas is a plus
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.