Co-Op/Intern Developer, Machine Learning
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Co-Op/Intern Developer, Machine Learning
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada
About the team
Making new supply chain planning solutions possible with Machine Learning is what our fast-growing team of developers is all about. We build creative solutions that solve real business problems for our RapidResponse users without the need for them to become Machine Learning experts.
We are looking for a talented candidate to join our development team for an internship. It’s an opportunity for you to get real hands-on experience with Machine Learning software development and all the components needed to deploy it into a production system.
What you will do
- As an intern on the ML team you will be treated like a full-time developer and get to work on everything from tech selection to production code on our latest projects
- You will be working with a mentor from whom you can learn and who will provide support and guidance
- Your projects may include development of new product ideas as well as demos to executives and patent applications
- You’ll have access to the training that you need and start to make an impact within a few weeks of joining the team
- You’ll write python code for microservice architectures
- May perform additional projects upon request
What we are looking for
- You are curious and passionate about applying Machine Learning to solve real problems
- You’re always learning, trying out new ideas and experimenting with technology
- You love to work in a team to learn from and to teach others
- You like to develop new technology, business and people skills and you always welcome a challenge
- You have some hands-on experience with ML through work terms or hackathons, competitions, etc.
- You’ve completed 1+ year in a Computer Science or Engineering program
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org