Senior Data Scientist, Channels Analytics
“The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to work with our Channels team. The Channels team within the Growth org strives to send the right message to the right user at the right time via the right channel. Our challenges include recommending relevant content to millions of people, developing new interactions on and off the platform, and deeply personalizing what and how Reddit communicates to our users.
How You’ll Have Impact:
You’ll be a champion for user experience as Reddit improves and innovates on its Channels strategy. You’ll be a key player in ensuring we make the right product decisions based on data insights, play with the large data from one of the largest websites, and help define the culture and frameworks for future team members. Reddit sits in a unique place, where there is still a lot of low hanging fruit opportunities that will immediately impact millions of users.
What You’ll Learn:
- You will be deeply integrated with our tight-knit Channels team, which moves quickly and runs more experiments than any other team at Reddit. You’ll play a key role in determining the Push Notification and Email strategy for users throughout their lifecycle. You’ll play with petabytes of data full of user interactions and events to develop user segmentation that will impact the entire company.
- In addition, you will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, and Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, and causal inference.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform proactive exploratory analyses on understanding user behavior on Reddit (e.g. tipping points and when to intervene with Channel levers)
- Conduct exploratory analyses to size new opportunities for re-engaging Redditors through push notifications, email digests, and other outreach channels
- Partner with Eng and Product to define and execute Channel’s roadmap and initiatives
- Design and evaluate A/B tests and product feature experiments to influence product strategy
- Define team metrics and goals and scale data-informed decision making through ETLs and reporting dashboards
- Present findings to senior leadership and inform product decisions
Who You Might Be:
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- Demonstrated ability to influence and guide product strategy with data
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Experience with developing user segmentation and using the segments to drive user experience and product improvements
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)