Mountain View, CA or U.S Remote
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles. Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question on Facebook, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We’re an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner level education in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. We are backed by some of the best known investors - Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital to name a few.
Our mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Data team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
At Udacity, we use machine learning to help users achieve their learning goals, from first engagement through our lifetime relationship. We are looking for a Data Scientist to help revolutionize Udacity's online learning platform by using Machine learning techniques including Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Recommendation Systems, and Computer Vision. You will be a key part of a growing and dynamic data team that works daily with strategic stakeholders to develop predictive models and algorithms to power data products. This is a chance to affect thousands of students around the world who come to Udacity to improve their lives, and your success as part of a world-class data organization will be visible up to the highest levels of the company.
- You will report to Sr. Manager of Data (based in California, USA) and be a team member on Udacity’s emerging data science team where you will be developing predictive models and algorithms to power data products.
- You will operate with end-to-end ownership, which includes own the analysis, modeling, system design, and development of the data product
- Address machine learning problems around recommendation engines, personalization, and other classification/regression problems.
- Solve problems related to discovering user preferences efficiently and delivering personalized experiences.
- Experiment and build new algorithmic capabilities from the ground up.
- Contribute to building out Udacity’s machine learning platform - with the aim of bringing together various open-source and in-house tools to streamline ML workflows.
- Integrate disparate production systems to make your model work in real-time applications.
What we value:
- 5+ years of experience in data science, analytics, statistics, or engineering
- You have advanced programming experience (Python, R, SAS, Matlab)
- You have advanced database knowledge (SQL, Redshift, Postgres, Presto)
- Experience with machine learning frameworks including scikit-learn, TensorFlow and Pytorch
- Experience deploying machine learning models into production.
- You have strong cross-functional communication skills that help simplify and move complex problems forward with business partners
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Reinforcement Learning or Self Learning
- Experience deploying machine learning models with AWS SageMaker
- Experience deploying ETLs with Airflow and/or Spark
- Knowledge of proper A/B testing practices and statistical experiment design
- You are excited to ask questions, push boundaries and follow where data leads in pursuit of new opportunities
- You are a curious self-starter, driven to solve problems and find answers. You take charge and flourish when meeting a challenge and you do not shy away from potential failure.
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.Learn more about our expanded partnership with AT&T and our newest nanodegree program in Azure Machine Learning.