Associate Engineer (Data Engineer - PHP/GO/Ruby + OOP + Linux)
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration -- giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking an Associate Software Engineer who can help revolutionise the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services. As a Software Engineer, you will be working on core internal systems, tooling and automation. You will work with your fellow engineers, Product Engineering, Operations and Customer Success teams to identify inefficiencies in our current services and processes, then implement changes to streamline or automate remediation.
As a software engineer, you will…
- Develop features that help evolve the technical direction of our engineering services.
- Work as an associate data engineer building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by business.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle including development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Provide product support to stakeholders.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Discover and implement processes to automate
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Like solving challenges for scalable, low latency systems
- Enjoy solutioning for a Cloud native environment
- Enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders
The ideal candidate…
- Has a relevant technical degree or 1.5 years equivalent experience.
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers on the team.
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only his team but internal stakeholders as well.
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered not only for themselves, but for their teammates.
- Is passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
- Has knowledge of object oriented programming languages such as PHP, Ruby or Go.
- Is comfortable in a Linux environment.
Extra credit if you have...
- Working knowledge of Drupal
- Object oriented programming experience
- Cloud hosting experience such as Amazon Web Services or Google Compute
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture to build scalable, reliable services
- Knowledge of modern containerization systems such as Docker or LXC.
- Linux OS system experience with Ubuntu, RHEL or Amazon Linux.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.