Engineering Manager, Data Engineering
New York, NY
We are hiring for an engineering manager with hands-on data engineering experience to kickstart our new Marketing Technology team. This team will design and maintain our service infrastructure around our marketing efforts. The team will build services, tools and technical integrations to enable our marketing team to run, analyze and measure the ROI of their digital and offline campaigns. The Marketing Technology team will be responsible for evolving our mobile and web marketing ecosystem (e.g. Adjust and Appsflyer, segmentation tooling, dashboarding solutions, marketing and analytic SDK integration, mobile fraud protection).
This is a new team for Duolingo, so you will build the team from the ground up and will own Duolingo’s marketing infrastructure and analytics tools.
- Plan, write and review service specifications to determine how Duolingo’s marketing tech infrastructure is architected
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members which assist them in building and optimising our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Be responsible for implementing and maintaining marketing tracking and platforms
- Make long-term platform and marketing data decisions (iOS14, privacy/CCPA, fraud protection)
- Build dashboards and reporting for cross-functional stakeholders
- 2-5 years experience in data engineering
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical management experience managing teams consisting of five or more
- Technical experience in distributed systems, including: databases, caching, interservice communication, networking, and cloud services
- People management skills, proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Extensive experience in fast-growing, consumer-facing, data-driven startups, ideally mobile app based.
- Be well-versed in the mobile marketing ecosystem and have built marketing technology infrastructure from the ground up.