Senior Data Scientist
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
The Marketing Intelligence team has the vision to create competitive advantage for Snowflake and inspire other companies to follow Snowflake on how we build scalable solutions and models to drive efficient growth and proactive actions. Our ultimate mission is to empower all marketing decisions at Snowflake to be based on data and analytics. We are looking for a talented Senior Data Science to build best-in-class data science solutions, influence our go-to-market strategy, as well as optimize marketing programs globally. You will partner closely with data practitioners in marketing, sales, finance, product, engineering, support, IT, etc.
AS A SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Build data science models to drive predictive and prescriptive analytics to influence go-to-market strategy and optimize marketing programs globally.
- Lead to build the best-in-class marketing attribution model that will scientifically measure how each marketing touchpoints influence customer journey, funnel progression, sales pipeline, and financial results.
- Develop a reliable pipeline forecast model that can drive proactive actions with inputs from marketing, sales, finance, etc.
- Lead data science program in marketing and create alignment with key stakeholders and cross functional teams.
- Design agile and rigorous marketing experiments to measure effectiveness of models, tools, and programs.
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions to our complex, often unstructured problems.
- Develop scalable data preparation processes to consolidate multi-dimensional datasets and work around data quality issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Information Systems, Engineering, or CS).
- 5+ years of data science experience in the tech industry.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Master or PHD in quantitative discipline (Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Information Systems, Engineering, or CS).
- Expert-level experience working with SQL and relational data (5+ years on a regular basis).
- 5+ years of experience in building data science models for marketing or sales in the B2B tech industry, preferably using Python.
- Practical experience of building Marketing Attribution models in the B2B tech industry and knowledge of continuous improvement through testing and experimentation.
- Familiar with Machine Learning algorithms, such as Regression, Classification, Random Forest, Boosting, Clustering.
- Expert-level experience developing automated solutions to collect, transform, and clean data from various sources, by using tools such as DBT, Fivetran, etc.
- Hands-on experience with MPP databases, such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Vertica, etc.
- Ability to clearly present learnings and recommendations to business leaders and technical stakeholders.
- Passionate to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Willing to mentor and guide team members to clear roadblocks.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?