Cloud - Data Analyst - Cloud Analytics
Distributed AMER | Distributed EMEA
Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
Elastic Cloud is currently going through a huge growth curve, and we need to expand our cloud analytics team to support the growth. The cloud analytics team’s charter is to provide data insight and analytics across cloud business, product, and engineering teams to grow the business. We are looking for an experienced SaaS business and product data analyst to join our growing business unit in Elastic.What You Will Be Doing:
- Build data visualization dashboards, charts, and reports using Kibana, Elasticsearch, and other 3rd party tools.
- Work with large data sets covering business and product areas - creating data sets, building analytical models, and providing data insights.
- Continuously define and gather requirements to improve KPI frameworks to measure the effectiveness of Elastic Cloud business and product performance.
- Answer ad-hoc analytics questions
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders on an ongoing basis to understand and define business and product needs regarding analytical insights.
- SaaS business analytics background
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting tools and SQL/NoSQL databases
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of statistics and experience in using statistical tools for analyzing datasets
- Past experience with data modeling, database design, data mining, and segmentation
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.