Boulder, CO or Chicago, IL or New York, NY
Embedded in the NYC Tech Hub, we are building a cross-functional team of data scientists, analysts and engineers with the mission to bring the modeling and analytical capabilities of our marketing organization to the next level.
As a Data Scientist, you will support the analytic needs of our Growth organization comprising Technology, Digital Product and Marketing. You will play a pivotal role in helping us continue to succeed as the leading global meal kit provider. This role will solve challenging problems using vast repositories of customer data to provide detailed and actionable insights; core responsibilities include the development and automation of Marketing BI tools, predictive modeling, professional-grade dashboarding and reporting for some of our most critical initiatives and enhancing and facilitating the information extraction process.
To succeed in this role, you must demonstrate a desire to improve on existing techniques and processes and have a passion for data storytelling. You should strive to drive opportunities on experimentation and predictive modeling, and recommend improvements on strategies used by our marketing team across million dollars campaigns.
You will …
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the data infrastructure at HelloFresh, working closely with the Data Team (analysts, data scientists, and engineers) in order to facilitate the information extraction process.
- Design and implement automated BI/analytics solutions to cover the needs of the various stakeholders in the Growth Organization (Marketing, CRM, Product etc).
- Develop and enhance our current reporting infrastructure, facilitating independent insight provision to the organization using state of the art computing and visualization tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Python, Google Analytics…).
- Work with the Data Science team to develop, test, implement and maintain predictive models to help inform the decision-making process across the Growth Organization.
- Manage leadership stakeholder’s meetings and presentations.
- Collaborative approach: you can work hand in hand with stakeholders, data scientists, engineers, and other data professionals to realize the full value of data products.
- Sense of ownership: you take responsibility for your projects and pride in your work.
- Strategic & critical thinking: you get the smaller and the bigger picture.
At a minimum, you have...
- A BS/MS in computer science, mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering, or equivalent analytical experience
- At least two 2 years of professional Data Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Business Intelligence.
- Strong SQL and experience in developing reporting on a BI platform (e.g. Tableau). Solid knowledge of Python (packages: Pandas, Numpy).
- Experience with data modeling & data science is a big plus.
- A solid understanding of database design and ETL practices.