Senior Auditor - Data Science
Remote, Pune, India
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Snowflake is growing and looking for a driven Senior Auditor to join our team. You will report to the Manager, SOX Compliance and help with an evolving workload with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. Whether it is facilitating Snowflake’s SOX compliance efforts or conducting internal audits, we strive to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and scalability of the company’s processes, systems, and underlying internal control environment. You will be expected to problem solve, collaborate, and move fast while keeping attention to detail.
AS A SENIOR AUDITOR - Data Science, YOU WILL:
- Design, and develop data analytics extract routines to support audit activities performed by the Internal Audit team from scoping to testing.
- Work on data extraction, storage, transformation, and processing through data analytics routines, and generate output for visualization/analysis.
- Use data analysis tools to automate audit testing and develop techniques for continuous auditing and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Interact with management and business partners to identify appropriate data sources and data elements required for analytics, applying professional skepticism when assessing data sources and validating the completeness and accuracy of data received.
- Assist the Managers and Sr. Managers to maintain an effective system of data analytics and models leveraging our Snowflake platform which provides enhanced insight into risks and controls, establishes an efficient/automated means to analyze and test large volumes of data for outliers, anomalies, patterns, and trends, and helps evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of process and controls.
- Research and communicate best practices, identify areas for improvement and provide effective recommendations and sound audit conclusions.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR AUDITOR - Data Science WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Systems; or relevant MBA.
- 5+ years of relevant data analysis in audit, financial, risk management, or technology functions experience
- Experience with cloud-based or software as a service (SAAS) companies, and certifications like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud is strongly preferred.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, data-intuition, and problem-solving skills, and proficiency in data analytics techniques and query/programming languages in SQL and Python. Readability in Java is preferred.
- Working knowledge of internal controls and auditing techniques.
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firms or global public companies is strongly preferred.
- Detail and team orientated; ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Self-starter, ability to proactively problem-solve, identify, advocate for and execute improvements.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects efficiently and effectively with minimal oversight. Maintain relationships with process owners and other key stakeholders.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?