Data Engineer, Montreal
Zola, the fastest growing wedding company in the country, is seeking a Data Engineer to provide data-driven solutions to business and technical challenges. Our business spans diverse areas focusing on the customer user journey to their wedding, e-commerce purchases and communication with thousands of vendors across the country via our marketplace platform.
This is a unique opportunity for a recent graduate engineer eager to grow their career, learn quickly and make an impact. You will have the opportunity to fully own and operate data pipelines end to end related to user experience (analytics), e-commerce (order, inventory, logistics, shipping, payment processing, merchandising), CRM (email marketing, push notifications), customer service, product and infrastructure.
- Help to evolve and scale our data platform, with an eye towards growth.
- Work closely with the analytics and business intelligence teams as well as other stakeholders from finance, marketing and product, to understand the data needs of the business and produce processes that support growth decision-making
- Implement solutions to bring together application data generated by distributed systems, third-party data, and real-time user data needed to make key business decisions
- Interact daily with your technical peers in the analytics and business intelligence teams
- Maintain, improve and deploy Python DAGs in Airflow
- Maintain and operate Redshift and PostgreSQL datastores
- Write ELT/ETL jobs leveraging AWS data stack such as Athena, Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, Postgresql and S3
- Learn dbt and help evangelize best practices for self-service ELT via dbt Cloud
- Find ways to improve data quality using frameworks like Great Expectations
- Keep an eye on dbt, Airflow, Locally Optimistic Slack channels to learn more from your peers around the world
- Gain the knowledge on Cloud Computing and data to pass AWS Certifications such as AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Data Analytics Specialty and more.
- Prior experience working with software development tools like Git and familiar with command line tools
- Experience with Python or similar scripting language for data extraction, cleaning and mining
- Good knowledge of analytical SQL and some familiarity with the AWS data landscape.
- You can quickly diagnose problems and employ preventive measures to maintain high quality and availability of data
- A track record of working autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
- A desire to continually keep up with advancements in data engineering practices
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.
More about the team: https://www.zola.com/about
Recent press: https://www.zola.com/press
To apply, please submit your resume and include a brief cover letter about why you’re interested in Zola and in this role specifically.