Principal Data Engineer
Principal Data Engineer
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Bucharest to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro is seeking a highly motivated, top tier candidate to take on the responsibilities of a Principal Data Engineer. You will be a part of the Analytics & Data Science Team, working closely with other Analysts across product and service verticals, and cross-functionally with Product and Business Stakeholders, including Data Engineering. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to identifying advanced analytic requirements and interfacing with Data Engineering to produce data sets to support advanced analytics. S/he will also own development and automation of key analytics reports and visualizations that support informed decision making.
What You Will Do
- Lead business requirements and advanced analytics requirements gathering efforts, interfacing with Data Engineering, Analytics, and stakeholder teams
- Work with analytics, data science, and wider engineering teams across GoPro to help with automating data analysis and visualization needs, advise on transformation processes to populate data models, and explore ways to design and develop data infrastructure
- Develop intelligent, insightful self-reporting tools operating on terabytes of structured and non-structured data, and ensure high accuracy in working with the data
Skills We're Stoked About
- Bachelor/Graduate degree in analytics, statistics, engineering, math, economics, or science
- At least 10 years of hands-on data engineering experience
- Extensive SQL knowledge, e.g. Postgres or MySQL
- Proficient in manipulating large data sets with complex SQL and Python (or other similar languages)
- Experienced in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies (Hive, Presto, Spark, Flink etc...) on large scale data sets
- Worked on AWS services - DMS Jobs, Lambda, S3, Redshift, SNS (or Apache Kafka), SQS, Redis, Data-Lakes, and AWS cloud deployment models
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.