Data Engineer III
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
What we're looking for
You will report directly into our Director of Data Engineering for SurveyMonkey, and this role is apart of our Global data team which is the centralized data team for the Enterprise and is the source of Data for all cross-functional departments like Finance, Marketing, etc. We are looking for a data engineer to join a team of experienced data engineers and data architects to build and manage the end-to-end data pipelines (batch and streaming) using modern cloud technologies. This is a role in the central data organization at SurveyMonkey that provides applicable insights.
- Design, architect and build data pipelines to support existing data models
- Data quality: build quality checks in the end-to-end data pipelines
- Build new Data models (Fact vs Dimension). Write performant/idempotent transformations in Snowflake
- Build data pipeline using Python scripting (in a modular/loop context) Write well-tested, production ready code in Python and/or Snowflake SQL
- Experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practices
- Translate requirements, to technical specifications, form project scope, and achieve deployable code.
- Write complex data engineering Snowflake - SQL jobs that perform queries on the entirety of our datasets
- 5+ years experience in data engineering and Data warehousing technologies
- 3+ years experience in Snowflake/ETL
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools using Airflow, Luigi
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, RDS
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Experience scheduling, automating and deploying production data pipelines using Airflow/Luigi
- Experience with tools such as DBT, Matillion or Talend other similar technologies
- Experience transforming, developing data structures, metadata, dependency and data workflows to support an Analytics function
- Deep knowledge of Data lakes, EDW concepts, data modeling (Star, Snowflake and Galaxy schemas)
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.