Senior Data Analyst
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy (mobility of people), Careem is expanding services across its platform to include mass & multi-modal transportation, mobility of things and fintech. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organization that inspires.
Established in July 2012, the company operates in more than 120 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million jobs in the region and hosts over 33 million users. Careem was recently acquired by Uber at a valuation of +3B$ but continues to operate independently.
About the role:
- Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve a better understanding of the business as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization.
- Help define and track the appropriate key metrics for specific projects.
- Work closely with the on-ground teams and provide them actionable insights to help improve their day to day operations.
- Lead cross-functional projects to address targeted issues, you or others identify.
- Design and run randomized controlled experiments, analyse the resulting data and communicate results with other teams.
- 5+ years of experience in an analyst and/or business intelligence roles.
- Ability to lead projects based on insights from analysis.
- Experience with SQL-based database technologies, (T-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Experience with business intelligence and visualization tools, (Tableau, MicroStrategy, ChartIO, Qlik), along with geospatial data processing skills.
- Experience with marketing and product tools such as Google Analytics, Adjust, Braze, Hubspot, etc.
- Fluency in English along with excellent oral and written communication skills. Arabic will be a plus.
- Happy to work in cross-functional teams.