Software Engineer - Data Engineering
Hiring in Canada and Latin America
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem-solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
We build software which assists utilities and infrastructure operators work safely and efficiently. These software solutions combine user-friendly interfaces with large amounts of external data and machine learning models to drive the best possible decisions, while maintaining high security and data privacy standards.
Our Application Team partners closely with product managers, user interface designers, and our other engineering teams to develop performant, easy to use full stack web applications which drive the workflows and decisions of our customers.
Our Tech Stack
- Python, Flask & Celery
- React & ClojureScript
- PostgreSQL, Redis & RabbitMQ
- Docker, Kubernetes & GCP
Who You Are
- 5+ years of software development experience focused on web applications
- Significant full stack experience designing, building and maintaining enterprise web applications.
- Understanding of responsive web apps and developing applications for multiple resolutions and devices.
- Experience working closely with product and account support personnel to help prioritize the best solutions to the largest problems.
- Experience designing and architecting systems to meet high standards of reliability and ease of use
- Customer-first approach to problem-solving and an ability to see solutions through to completion even in the face of complexities or unknowns.
- Attention to detail in work and ability to identify ambiguities in specifications.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, especially when communicating trade-offs between technical approaches to non-technical colleagues.
- Flexibility to work and maintain focus in an evolving environment.
Nice to Have
- Understanding of work queues for scheduled and deferred tasks.
- High proficiency with relational databases and ability to profile and optimize queries.
- Experience with progressive web apps that continue to work while offline.
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package
- 100% Remote - work from anywhere
- Remote work monthly stipend
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid
- Wellness reimbursement
- Educational Allowance- $1000/yr
- Weekly lunch stipend
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.