Data Engineer- Portugal
We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities.
In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. Also, we were listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort and won medium-sized Tech Company of the Year 2020, solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
Overview of the Telematics team
The Telematics team uses advanced digital signal processing and machine learning to process high-frequency sensors and contextual data to generate a precise and comprehensive driving behavior dataset. We use this information to drive the future of insurance, helping to create fairer insurance products and to help drivers to be safer and more sustainable on the roads.
Purpose of the role
As a Data Engineer at Zego, you will be working with a world-class team of data scientists and engineers to lead the future of car insurance. You will work closely with the Telematics and Engineering team to help build secure, scalable, and reliable products and services that Zego clients love and trust.
What you will be working on
- You will assist in developing and maintaining our ETL and ELT pipelines
- You will support the development and implementation of our ML models and experiments
- You will help evolve the architecture of our data function to support our long term vision
- You will contribute to code reviews and team discussions
- You will take ownership of our reporting tools, both internal and for our partners
- You will collaborate with product managers and across teams to bring new products and features to the market. You will help own product data in a "single source of truth" data platform, focusing on data structure, quality, usage and efficiency
What you will need to be successful
- You have strong working knowledge of data architecture and development.
- You have past experience with tools like Docker, Airflow, Redshift, DBT or Looker. Or an interest in learning these, with the support of the team
- You are committed to building, nurturing, and iterating on an ever-evolving codebase
- You are familiar with Kubernetes (EKS)
- You have experience building a Data Lake (on AWS)
- You are able to build highly available publish/subscribe messaging queue systems
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.