Senior Data Analyst
New York, NY
Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Unite Us seeks an experienced Senior Data Analyst ready to tackle an array of quantitative challenges and advance data-driven decision making across the business. Unite Us brings health care and social services together into a single, integrated network. We believe the network creates value beyond the sum of its parts, and our Analytic mission is to measure and enhance that impact.
The Senior Data Analyst will work across Unite Us to solve the company’s most pressing data and analytics challenges. This includes measuring and improving product outcomes, delving into usage dynamics and deeply understanding our user base. The role will initially focus on building holistic reporting for our clients, which will be complemented by predictive modeling and ad-hoc analysis. The Analyst must be both highly quantitative and possess strong business acumen and communication skills while being a team player across the company. The Analyst will independently decompose amorphous problems, gather and analyze data, and go ‘beyond the numbers” by creating synthetic output and recommendations. If you love numbers, driving practical application of analytics in a growth environment and want to work with a passionate and growing team, this is the role for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build client reporting in Tableau, from the ground up
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand current client reporting, needs and define critical outcome measures
- Design, build and maintain a set of client-facing as well as internal dashboards and reports, refining over time to improve and scale across audiences
- Work with the Customer Success team to understand ad-hoc reporting that is often required to support clients
- Support key accounts and company initiatives proving a strategic and operational data lens, providing solutions and adding to the overall vision
- Drive data-driven decision making across Unite Us
- Deeply understand business opportunities and constraints, then specify analytic work to solve them
- Be self-sufficient at extracting and manipulating data; work creatively to solve data challenges
- Apply a range of quantitative techniques, including predictive modeling and segmentation approaches
- Go beyond running the numbers: interpret what they mean and recommend actions
- Participate in cross-functional work groups to influence how data is captured in the software, including the structure of the Unite Us Service Type Taxonomy
- Communicate learnings to the entire company and beyond; ensure that stakeholders, clients and leaders know what we learn
- You love numbers, and have an orientation to find practical solutions to complex problems
- You like to learn and listen
- You like to teach others, have strong communication skills and experience briefing leadership on outcomes and recommendations
- You are flexible and excited to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs
- 3-8 years of work experience as a Senior Analyst
- Experience with healthcare data is preferred; background in public health is a plus
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- Ability to self-serve data and work with multiple modern data tools & technologies including SQL and BI platforms (Tableau, Looker)
- Broad and deep quantitative skills, ranging from basic to cutting edge. Use of Python and R is expected
- Expert with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is based in New York City or Remote
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.