Data Science - Machine Learning Developer
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Data Science - Machine Learning Developer
Job location: Chennai, India
What you will do
You have a background in machine learning and technology. You understand the all aspects of building data science products are familiar to you: wrangling with messy or missing data, feature engineering, statistical/machine learning models, and debugging model performance.
You are always willing to get your hands dirty analyzing the minutiae in the data. You’re fluent in Python and SQL. You have some hands-on experience with big data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop.
As an excellent communicator and customer-oriented, you enjoy coming up with creative solutions to customer issues using Kinaxis machine learning products. Your primary focus is on providing value to our clients, which requires asking the right questions, distilling the problem and coming up with useful solutions.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field with focus in machine learning.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in data analysis and machine learning.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Fluent in processing data with pandas (e.g. querying, transforming, joining, cleaning, etc.) including experience debugging logic and data issues.
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms.
- Ability to work in Linux environments with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker) in the cloud.
Nice to have skills:
- Retail/CPG business background.
- Working experience with Pyspark
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org