AI/ML/Android Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Title: AI/ML/Android Software Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS/ MCL
Location: Mountain View, CA
We are looking for highly skilled individual in ML and Deep-Learning algorithms, frameworks and application development. This is a great opportunity to join Samsung Emoji team to build next generation AI based Avatars. The team is focused on building Samsung AR-Emoji platform with AI features. This is an exciting area for Samsung, especially the Mobile Graphics team that enables numerous applications in AI Avatar space. Come join the Mobile Communication Lab and help us build next generation avatars.
- Design, implement and evolve data models for AI-based avatars with focus on face and body expressions for avatar while classifying audio segments
- Extend AI-based avatars that interacts with virtual and real objects
- Perform extensive research and analysis to make optimal architecture and design decisions that enhances the quality of Avatar SDK on PC/mobile
- Port ML-models to Android for integration to mobile space.
- Write large amounts of code and perform code reviews
- Participate in new product concepts and create proof-of-concept prototypes
- Actively participate and contribute in scrum meetings
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of industry experience with strong Computer Science fundamentals in Data Structures, Algorithm Design, and Complexity Analysis
- Hands-on experience with data analysis and building real-life data models using pandas, numpy, nltk, matplotlib etc.,
- Good working knowledge of at least one of the frameworks - Tensorflow/Keras/PyTorch
- Solid hands-on experience with writing code in Python/Java/C++
- Good knowledge of machine learning / deep learning algorithms -- classification, clustering, regression, reinforcement learning, Bayesian modeling, algorithm design and theory of computation
- Good hands-on knowledge of stream and batch processing, distributed caching, messaging systems.
- Android or other mobile programming experience is plus.
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.