Full Stack Web Developer - Computer Vision
Clifton Park, New York
Kitware is currently hiring for a Web Developer to join our Computer Vision team. If you are interested in working on cutting edge, real world problems in a setting that is a cross section between academia and industry, then this is a great opportunity for you. By joining our team, you will be contributing your full stack web development experience to develop robust solutions for real-world problems in the areas of Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Deep Learning. You will have the opportunity to use your experience with image and video oriented web development to collaborate on projects related to the areas of content-based retrieval, 3D reconstruction, object detection and tracking, activity recognition, remote sensing, and video understanding among others. Kitware’s employees have unique opportunities to interact and collaborate directly with customers, visit interesting customer sites, and participate in live field tests and demonstrations. Developers also enjoy benefits commonly associated with a position in academia, such as support and encouragement for the publication of novel work in international research conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area, plus 3-5 years experience in web development, preferably in a technical/software industry, or equivalent amount of education and experience
- Back-end service programming in Python
- Experience with Database Management Systems (DBMS) desirable but not required
- Knowledge of HTTP and related standards such as REST
- Experience with quality software process tools and methodologies, such as Git, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Experience designing and building software solutions from the ground up based on business requirements
- Due to contractual restrictions, only candidates that are US Persons (citizens, permanent residents, asylees or refugees) will be considered for this position.
Job region(s): North America