Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA
“The front page of the internet, Reddit brings hundreds of millions of people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Reddit communities generate a library of knowledge and opinion that is second to none, and Reddit needs machine learning to make this corpus accessible to all.
Machine Learning teams at Reddit drive recommendations, content discovery, user and content classification, and directly support other teams in internationalization, growth, video and ads.
How You'll Have Impact:
A broad-ranking network of communities, Reddit generates billions of events and terabytes of data every day. Machine learning engineers own challenging projects from ideation to production, and are never stuck making small incremental gains on enterprise systems. We are looking for the best and the brightest Machine Learning Engineers/Scientists to join us in solving hard problems in order to create things that millions of users will love. We are a team of builders that value impact, personal growth, openness and kindness.
What You’ll Do
You will be in the unique position to revolutionize personalized content discovery using Machine Learning techniques including Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Recommendation Systems, Representation Learning and Computer Vision.
- Apply Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence to retrieve relevant results with optimal ranking.
- Analyze, engineer features and train Machine Learning models on large-scale data.
- Write production code to ship your model to millions of users.
- Dig into Reddit’s unique product challenges, and go beyond generic out-of-the-box algorithms.
- Participate in the full software development cycle: design, develop, QA, deploy, experiment, analyze and learn.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
- Proven track record with 4+ years of impact in a professional setting as a Machine Learning (ML) Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer or Machine Learning Research Engineer
- Either an ML generalist experienced in building ML pipelines, or an expert in one of the fields of: Recommendation Systems, Natural Language Processing, and Computer Vision.
- Solid theoretical understanding of ML concepts and techniques. Deep Learning and knowledge of Statistics are strong pluses.
- Familiarity with at least two of: Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch and Sklearn
- Good Software Engineering practices and the ability to write performant production-quality code. Proficient in Python and familiar with SQL.
- Comfortable with distributed learning, big data and large-scale systems
- A degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Team player mentality