Enterprise Data Architect
London, United Kingdom
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa’s divisions include: Informa Connect, Informa Intelligence, Informa Markets, Informa Tech, Taylor & Francis and Global Support.
Global Support is Informa's sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
About Group Technology – Strategic Context
Informa is a successful and diverse FTSE 100 business that has been built over the past twenty years through a mix of organic growth and acquisition. The Group has needed to transform itself post-COVID-19 to increase digital capability and the mix of revenues, with the expectation that far higher proportions of revenue are derived from new digital products and through the sales of all products through digital channels.
Equally, as a contemporary B2B provider of solutions and services, we anticipate the need to enable customer touchpoints through digitalising processes that are currently offline, and through shaping and establishing a digital ecosystem over the next 5 years, whilst firmly establishing our position within it, thereby providing our B2B customers with end-to-end go-to-market solutions. This has resulted in a group-wide programme, GAP II, which is focused on a digital acceleration programme and associated investment.
Key Areas of Responsibility/Accountability
- Working across divisions and data domains lead the creation Informa’s enterprise data architecture including the enterprise data model, enterprise data inventory, associated mappings, tagging and information value streams.
- Define the strategy and target state for the enterprise data model working with domain owners and key business and technology stakeholders, including the creation and maintenance of blueprints, roadmaps, data management and governance practices and alignment with strategic business outcomes and 3 year planning activities.
- Work as a team with Enterprise Architecture colleagues to ensure the overall enterprise architecture is aligned with the target state Enterprise Data Architecture and evolves as a component part of Informa’s overall data and technology capabilities.
- Align Data Management and Data Governance frameworks and practices and ensure the data domains owned by group operations are apply consistent best practices across domains.
- Be the primary point of contact for the Group Technology data domains and lead the associated data architecture and strategy on a go-forward basis
- Collaborate with divisional and programme data architects to ensure that initiatives and proposed solutions are aligned with the enterprise data architecture and comply with the recommendations of architectural governance
- Maintain and align Informa’s enterprise architecture body of knowledge with the enterprise data architecture and maintain this to reflect the evolution and outcomes of the initiatives.
- Ensure the enterprise data architecture is used to facilitate data and technology governance and management within Divisions and across Group Operations, performing impact analysis and risk identification for change initiatives and transformation programmes.
- Collaborate with the Technology and Business stakeholders to identify risks associated with proposed initiatives and roadmaps
- Collaborate with colleagues within Information Security and Compliance to ensure alignment between Enterprise Data Architecture and the Informa IT Controls framework, Information Security and Compliance
- Providing target architecture and roadmap knowledge to assist with business case development, cost benefit modelling and project initiation documents to support the approval and delivery of change initiatives
- Experience leading enterprise data architecture on complex transformation or digital initiatives or for specific data domains or at an enterprise scope.
- Ideally experience of defining data management and governance frameworks and processes and implementing associated capabilities and tooling across multiple data domains.
- Experience of leading the definition of data architecture and data management practices associated with customers, products, orders, payments, suppliers, workforce and technology assets and master data etc.
- Experience of the Compliance and Regulatory concerns related to data management.
- Experience of working within Agile and non-Agile working practices and frameworks
- Experience of working within a multi-tenanted architecture
- Extensive experience performing in an Enterprise Data Architecture role across multiple divisions or business units, developing and maturing the data architecture capabilities, while also operating as part of a centralised, federated or co-ordinated enterprise architecture capability
- Extensive experience of working with Business Leadership and critical senior stakeholders, e.g. Divisional CEO, SMT, Market or Product Owners, to define and align architectures to strategic objectives
- Extensive experience collaborating with CIO, CTO and IT Leadership, including governance, conflict and strategic alignment scenarios
- Understanding of the impact of acquisitions, joint ventures or divestments on an enterprise data architecture and data management practices
- Experience of adopting/adapting multiple enterprise architectural methodologies and frameworks (e,g, TOGAF, Zachman), relevant industry associations and reference models (e.g. DMBOK, APCQ, etc.) and the tools or notations (e.g. BPML) used to define and communicate architectures with all stakeholder groups
- Experience working with in global corporate organisations operating within ITIL Service Management , IT Control, Risk management and compliance frameworks
- Experience of multiple industries is desirable
We adopt a Balanced Working policy that supports colleagues in taking a task-based approach to their working location – allowing time at home for focused work, individual tasks and virtual meetings. We also value team connection and collaboration highly, so encourage visits to the office to meet in-person, to collaborate, for coaching/learning and work as teams.
We embrace and respect individuality, difference and diversity. We know our personal limitations and, whilst we celebrate personal learning and growth, we also look to others to complement our thinking. As such, we believe in the strength of teams and in enabling every team member to contribute. We like people to speak up, take responsibility for their actions and ‘muck in’ to support their colleagues.
If you want to be part of a team driving tangible change in a dynamic organisation that doesn’t stand still, this could be the team – and the company to join.
- Flexible working environment
- Learning and Development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday
- Central offices in Blackfriars and Victoria, close to mainline and Underground stations, and a variety of amenities nearby
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match and Life assurance
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities across Informa
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Architecture Data governance Data management ITIL Research Security TOGAF
Perks/benefits: Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Team events
More jobs like this
Barcelona (Hybrid) Barcelona (Hybrid) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 62K - 115K * USD 62K+ *
Machine Learning Architect / EngineerArchitecture AWS Big Data Classification Computer Science Databricks Distributed Systems +22
Career development Gear Health care Snacks / Drinks Transparency +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs