Data Scientist- Portugal
We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities.
In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. Also, we were listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort and won medium-sized Tech Company of the Year 2020, solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
Overview of the Telematics team
The Telematics team uses advanced digital signal processing and machine learning to process high-frequency sensors and contextual data to generate a precise and comprehensive driving behavior dataset. We use this information to drive the future of insurance, helping to create fairer insurance products and to help drivers to be safer and more sustainable on the roads.
Purpose of the role
As a Data Scientist at Zego, you will be working with a world-class team of data scientists and engineers to lead the future of car insurance. You will play a key role in generating meaningful knowledge from data and answer difficult questions that can drive the development of the new generation of behaviour-based insurance.
What you will be working on
- You will understand business/product strategy and high-level roadmaps and align analysis efforts to enable them with data insights to help achieve their strategic goals
- You will extract driving behaviour information through the analysis of geolocation, motion sensor, contextual data, or other relevant data sources
- You will frame physical problems and scenarios as data science tasks and quickly build data processing pipelines to test hypotheses and swiftly deploy new products into production
- You will coordinate with different functional teams to implement metrics and monitor outcomes
- You will communicate and present information using data visualization techniques
What you will need to be successful
- You have a BSc or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or similarly quantitative disciplines
- You are well-versed in Python machine learning tools and libraries (e.g. NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, Matplotlib)
- You have a strong knowledge of statistics and data analysis fundamentals, taking initiative in deriving data insights, and proposing models
- You are able to work in a cross-functional manner, with data scientists and engineers in different domains
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.