Engineering Manager - Data Science
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM). Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve 50,000+ customers including Bridgestone, Chargebee, DeliveryHero, ITV, Klarna, Multichoice, OfficeMax, TaylorMade and Vice Media.
The Freshworks product suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system). Freshworks has received numerous accolades including 2019 Startup of the Year from Economic Times, #10 ranking on the Forbes’ Cloud 100 list and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2020.
Freshworks has been funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management among other investors, and is now a publicly listed company on NYSE since Sep' 2021. More information is available at www.freshworks.com.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose and passion, irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, our communities and our business.
About the Team:
Freshworks Analytics is a platform offering that enables businesses to get out of the box
insights, create personalized reports and improve the way they engage with their customers and employees. Our goal is to enable our customers to be more data driven every day by giving them easy access to their data and helping them make business critical decisions on demand.
Launched as a beta project back in 2018, we now cater to the reporting needs of more than 100,000 companies across the Freshworks ecosystem. We’re a group of 50 talented people who are passionate about data analytics and we like to think of ourselves as a “startup inside a startup” incubated within Freshworks.
If you’re interested in taking on complex challenges and solving them at scale, you’ll enjoy
being a part of our team. The work you do will have an outsized impact on Freshworks and it will make a difference for every company that uses our products, cutting acros for customer service, IT service management, sales and marketing and HR operations.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help manage the existing data analytics platform, implement new technologies and tooling to further enable analytics, as well as help drive scalable data lifecycle practices. In this role you will split your time between hands-on development and managerial activities.
You will own data environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the development of new processes that support teams across the organization for their data management practices. You will gather requirements through direct interaction with business as well as other platform teams within the organization.
You will track the performance of our resources and related capabilities, constantly evolving our offering in order to scale our capability set with the growth of the business and needs of our customers. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a higher degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Over 10 years of industry experience and solid understanding of mathematical underpinnings behind Machine Learning algorithms and proficiency in probability, statistics, linear algebra, calculus, and optimization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can work with teams workings across various remote place.
- Preferred experience with NLP, Graph Theory, Neural Networks (RNNs/CNNs), sentiment analysis
- Strong analytical, data analysis, machine learning algorithms skills
- Experience with time series analysis, NLP, Distributed Systems, large scale computing, Big Data technologies like Hadoop and Spark are plus.
- Have good implementation experience with R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala, Apache Spark, Storm, SAS and ability to work with a variety of Deep learning frameworks including TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, CNTK, etc
- Own the Data Science development roadmap working alongside the product management team
- Define, measure and monitor the engineering solutions, continuously innovate to provide seamless and modern experience
- Setup solid engineering process and driving engineering excellence i.e. code line management, code reviews & standards, continuous integration/ continuous deployment workflows and tools.
- Review and drive engineering process improvements, make decisions about engineering tools and processes
- Being a technical leader, making decisions without higher level validation and supporting the team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all. We believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities, and the business
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Big Data Caffe Computer Science Data analysis Data Analytics Data management Deep Learning Distributed Systems Engineering Hadoop Keras Linear algebra Machine Learning Mathematics NLP Perl Python R Ruby SAS Scala Spark Statistics TensorFlow
Perks/benefits: Career development Startup environment Team events
More jobs like this
Sydney, Australia Sydney, Australia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 131K - 201K * USD 131K+ *
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Deep Learning & Computer VisionAgile Classification Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering Machine Learning ML models +9
Career development Flex hours Medical leave Parental leave Startup environment +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs