Senior Analyst, Data Management & Business Analysis
George Town, Malaysia
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly numerate data analyst with strong analytical and project management skills. Working as part of Informa Tech’s Market Data Analytics & Modelling Team (MDAM), the primary role of the Data Management Analyst will be to support the management of research data by capturing technical and business requirements, writing user stories, documenting clear workflows , and assisting with the identification of appropriate solutions. The work will focus on software development, data integration, and governance.
As a Data Management Analyst, you will be supporting teams to implement data management best practices; help coordinate and manage data taxonomy and integration projects; query, enhance, and document systems to improve efficiencies and data quality. You will work closely with the Head of Data Management and Transformation along with Data Analysts and Engineers to develop and deliver projects while ensuring they are aligned with business goals and strategy. In addition, you will be proactive and demonstrate initiative alongside a flexible but pragmatic approach to problem solving.
For this role you will be expected to:
- Participate in the agile delivery of projects with a specific focus on developing and documenting relevant user stories, technical and business requirements and resource planning.
- Support the delivery of data integration initiatives to provide customers and analysts with a "single version of the truth" across the business’s data asset portfolio.
- Work closely with Data Management, Transformation and Research Analysts along with Data Engineers to interpret and communicate requirement and solution options between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Analyze and report data product attributes and performance to help improve research data processes and products; developing and maintaining an information hub/store to support analysts and other stakeholders with their data needs.
- Support the development of best practices for data management, providing training for analysts and other staff on data governance, data taxonomy and related processes including the management of the team schedule and data requests.
- Focus on continuous improvement through regular solicitation of client and internal feedback.
- Partner with key stakeholders for the continuing evolution and refinement of data workflow processes and methodologies including data auditing to optimize quality, timeliness, efficiency, and cost effectiveness of research execution and delivery.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Business, economics, statistics, computer science, physics, or mathematics-based degree
- MS Office applications (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Project, Visio)
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Excel
- Highly numerate, with the ability to identify and present complex concepts, trends and data in a compelling visual manner
- Excellent attention to detail and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record of managing tasks to ensure deadlines and stakeholder expectations are met
- Experience mapping workflows and gathering user stories
- Experience using data analysis and BI tools (Alteryx, SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, GitHub, VS Code)
- Experience with working in a software development environment using JIRA/Confluence
- Working knowledge of implementing data governance and data taxonomy best practices
- Business analysis and project management experience
- Experience with Nintex Promapp and Smartsheet highly desirable
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Computer Science Data analysis Data Analytics Data governance Data management Data quality Economics Excel GitHub Jira Mathematics Physics Power BI Research Security SQL Statistics Tableau
Perks/benefits: Flex hours Flex vacation Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs