Data Manager- Digitalization, Trading & Origination
London, United Kingdom
Full Time Entry-level / Junior Clearance required USD 77K - 134K *
StatkraftStatkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. We produce hydropower, wind power and solar power and are a global company in energy market operations.
Statkraft is Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. As a major player in the energy wholesale market, we are developing green power solutions for renewable energy producers and companies from trade and industry. We support our customers on the way to a 100% renewable electricity supply. Join the team and take part in creating tomorrow’s energy world!
Working in Digitalization, Trading & Origination (T&O)
Statkraft is a major market participant in Energy Trading. As part of the Trading & Origination Department (T&O), the Digitalization Unit is driving forward T&O’s digitalization agenda and will play a crucial and fundamental role in creating a novel framework which ensures that the Trading & Origination Department delivers on its strategic targets of expanding both the proprietary trading and customer service businesses.
The Digitalization Unit ultimately provides an essential strategic partnering bridge between the commercial business needs and the IT solutions available. Working as part of the Digitalization Unit you will quickly be able to make an impact through innovative process improvements, cross-functional cooperation, and improved knowledge sharing.
This role can be located either in Oslo, London or Dusseldorf.
Your responsibilities will include:
Responsible for ensuring the quality of T&O’s common data assets, data sets and data elements (including metadata), and where necessary formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
Manage the implementation of efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects and provide operational support to business area users when data sets are missing or incorrect.
Apply best practices when storing, organizing, cleaning and mining data, and ensuring the capture, report and follow up on any missing data from our data providers.
Configure, monitor and analyze information and data systems and assets for T&O, and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them.
Provide governance and oversight of T&O’s data assets, existing datasets, data environments and relevant data procedures, with the proactive planning and enforcement of data asset naming convention.
Elicit, capture and analyse end-user requirements to ensure that T&O business needs are adequately addressed.
Co-ordinate, prioritize and ensure operationalization of data to production systems as and when required.
Coordinate with Data Vendor Management for sourcing of data, and assist with data extraction and reports as needed.
Ensure that data usage and management protocols are within license requirements and legal and company standards.
Relevant education and work experience in the area of Finance, Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
Good understanding and interest of the trading business and commodity markets/various asset classes.
Experience with data management and market data in commodity markets is an advantage. Good understanding of data, data structures & data storage
Experience with timeseries and cross-sectional types of data from other asset classes or business areas.
Programming expertise in Python is required (Experience with data analysis-related packages such as pandas, numpy, and matplotlib is desired).
Programming knowledge in SQL and API development is an advantage.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and communicate well across various environments.
Detail oriented mentality, problem-solving skills, and the ability to work under time pressure.
Fluent in English both oral and in writing.
What we offer
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities and the future. Together, we work on the front lines of changing the game for renewable energy. From hydrogen development to algorithmic trading and everything in between. We have 125 years of unrivalled expertise in creating the technologies that put ecosystems, communities and our environment first. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
Extensive professional and personal learning and development opportunities
The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
Statkraft offers competitive terms of employment and benefits schemes, and we’re a trusted employer that puts the safety of our people first. We believe that a safe and healthy working environment is a matter of choice, not chance.
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and authorisation.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: API Development APIs Data analysis Data management Engineering Finance Mathematics Matplotlib NumPy Pandas Python Security SQL
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs