Administrator, Cloud Data Platform- Remote
Remote, REMOTE, United States
Full Time USD 82K - 149K
Adtalem Global EducationAdtalem Global Education is a workforce solutions provider that focuses on diversity and empowering individuals.
At Adtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and members to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading healthcare educator that partners with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career development with access to world-class academic curriculums, certifications and training programs across the medical and healthcare industries.
Adtalem institutions and companies include: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Chamberlain University, Ross University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, and Walden University. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please visit adtalem.com.
Opportunity at a Glance
Adtalem Global Education has embraced cloud technologies in the data warehouse domain for data storage, pipelines, modeling, reporting and analytics. CDP administrator will play a crucial role in configuring, maintaining, upgrading, & supporting the tools used in this domain of data warehouse and ensure availability of systems. This role requires pro-active skills and dynamic acumen in interacting with the data warehouse team including data engineers, data analysts, data architects, BI reporting team and analytics team. CDP administrator will also interact with infrastructure team in planning & maintaining the cloud data warehouse systems and work with auditors to ensure industry compliance.
- Manage & configure the IICS (Informatica Intelligent cloud service) tool to ensure pipelines comply with the SLAs.
- Manage & configure the ingestion pipelines setup for various sources through Fivetran tool to ensure pipelines comply with the SLAs.
- Manage & configure Google Big Query Administration
- Manage projects, datasets & tables.
- Answer audit questions and build/maintain automated process to help audit activities.
- Secure resources and ensure correct access to the users.
- Manage workloads (jobs, queries & compute capacity).
- Monitor resources (quotas, jobs & compute).
- Optimize workloads for best performance to control costs. Troubleshoot error messages and quotas to save costs
- Proficiency in relational database & SQL to manage and support day to day operations
- Manage Power BI administration for organization-wide settings in assigning roles and configuring, monitoring & provisioning organizational resources. Knowledge on Azure cloud technology will help in managing the Power BI efficiently.
- Work involves promoting code for data pipelines, model work, reporting and analytics code. Azure Devops and Github repositories are used for code promotions. CDP admin should have the knowledge to add/modify the Devops process as needed complying to auditing requirements.
- Work with auditors in supporting user access reviews, defining roles and accesses to data warehouse tools and in general develop industry standard compliance process to adhere to PCI, SOX, GDPR, CCPA. Skills to automate audit activities is a must.
- Development skills in writing python google function and using other google technologies, Unix shell scripting to automate and python coding skills to support ingestion and other application needs is preferred. Should have network knowledge to work with infrastructure network team to request firewall changes, network devices & a good understanding of WAN operations to deal with cloud based data sources
- Should have good Unix knowledge to manage the IICS servers, FTP servers and manage Batch operations. Scripting with Unix shell & python to support batch operations is preferred.
- Should have good windows skills to ensure software tools availability and serve the data engineers, reporting and analytics team. Establishing best practices in monitoring, maintaining, supporting data pipelines, data warehouse related servers, data warehouse software/tools & cloud data warehouse infrastructure.
- Good knowledge on licensing of software used in Data Warehouse administration.
- Knowledge on paid media digital marketing and relating APIs for data ingestion pipelines will be a plus. Document the activities & process relating to CDP administration and architecture.
- Work with architects to maintain standards, manage architectural issues and recommend alternatives to simplify the methods and process.
- Meet with subject matter experts in different areas of the business, be able to learn the concepts and business language relevant to their line of business and develop an understanding of how their data supports their business. processes. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems Required
- 5 years SQL experience with Relation database systems (RDBMS) Required and
- Python code development using google function and unix Required and
- Unix shell scripting Required
- Proficiency in Data Warehouse concepts (eg. Star Schema, Data Model, Data Lake, Semantic Layer)
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and vendors
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties and responsibilities on time with moderate supervision
- Good knowledge in administration of IICS (Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services), Fivetran, Power BI & GCP. Any certification on these technologies will be an advantage.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $82364.67 and $149076.17. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/benefits.
You are also eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Tags: APIs Architecture Azure BigQuery Computer Science Data pipelines Data warehouse DevOps Engineering FiveTran GCP GitHub Informatica Pipelines Power BI Python RDBMS Shell scripting SQL
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance Transparency
More jobs like this
Remote, REMOTE, United States Remote, REMOTE, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 51K - 93K USD 51K+
Adtalem Global Education
Associate Data ScientistConsulting D3 Data Analytics Data Mining Data visualization Econometrics Machine Learning +8
401(k) matching Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance
Remote, REMOTE, United States Remote, REMOTE, United States Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 71K - 130K USD 71K+
Adtalem Global Education
Data ScientistConsulting D3 Data Analytics Data Mining Data visualization Econometrics Machine Learning +8
401(k) matching Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance
Boston, MA, United States Boston, MA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 135K USD 115K+
Full Stack Software Engineer (ML Platform) - RemoteAgile AWS Big Data Computer Science Data pipelines DevOps Distributed Systems +14
Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance Salary bonus +2
United States United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 199K - 304K USD 199K+
Faire Wholesale, Inc.
Staff Machine Learning Engineer & Technical Lead - Search & RecommendationComputer Science E-commerce Elasticsearch Engineering Genetics Machine Learning ML models +4
Career development Equity Flex hours Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs