Senior Data Scientist - Marketplace
VehoCut your shipping costs, gain full visibility into all your shipments, and build customer loyalty with an incredible shipping experience. Welcome to package delivery, reinvented.
Veho's mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local delivery stations. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% - far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon, three former public company CEOs, early investors in Lyft and Instacart, as well as prominent venture capital firms General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Softbank. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be directly embedded in a team of talented software engineers to help define, build, and operate sophisticated models to answer hard questions centered around improving our logistics network and user experiences. You’ll partner with product managers to understand high-value business problems, build systems that inform daily operations, and work with cutting edge technology. You’ll work closely with software engineers to operationalize the models you build in the production systems that drive Veho. Your work in forecasting and route optimization will have broad organizational impact.
You're responsible for:
- Understanding business context and gathering requirements
- Building and iterating on models to meet requirements using Python
- Building and iterating on data pipelines to feed analysis and productionized models
- Integrating models into production systems using MLOps best practices
- Ensuring data quality and data integrity through best practices in data integration
- Analyzing impact and effectiveness of models in production systems
- Bachelor’s Degree plus at least 3 years of experience in data science or data engineering
- Experience using statistical modeling or machine learning techniques to solve business problems
- Strong SQL and Python skills
- At least 3 years of experience with open source languages and tooling used for large-scale data analytics like Python, numpy, and/or distributed data processing systems like spark
- At least 1 year of experience with analytical relational databases like Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- At least 1 year of experience working with cloud-based data engineering and data science tools.
- Experience with mlops is nice to have, but not required
- Experience with vehicle routing problems or logistics is nice to have, but not required
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: BigQuery Data Analytics Data pipelines Data quality Engineering Machine Learning MLOps NumPy Open Source Pipelines Python RDBMS Redshift Snowflake Spark SQL Statistical modeling Statistics
Perks/benefits: Career development Startup environment
More jobs like this
Brooklyn, NY, United States Brooklyn, NY, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 184K - 205K USD 184K+
Senior Applied Scientist II, Search RankingData analysis Deep Learning E-commerce Engineering GCP Google Cloud Kubeflow +9
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Salary bonus +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs