Director, Data Science
Remote, REMOTE, United States
Full Time Executive-level / Director USD 97K - 175K
Adtalem Global EducationAdtalem Global Education is a workforce solutions provider that focuses on diversity and empowering individuals.
At Adtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and members to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading healthcare educator that partners with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career development with access to world-class academic curriculums, certifications and training programs across the medical and healthcare industries.
Adtalem institutions and companies include: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Chamberlain University, Ross University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, and Walden University. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please visit adtalem.com.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Collaborates with other analytical leaders to fulfill the strategic direction of the business through data and information exploration, research of emerging technologies or analytical techniques and long-term defined/project specific strategic assignments.
- Oversees and carries out the exploration of promising new technologies, analytical methods and data sources (internal & external) that have potential to contribute to the enterprise.
- Partners with enterprise analytical and IT teams to build core capabilities and processes.
- Identifies additional resource needs ranging from IT investments, 3rd party support or additional analysts.
- Understands the business direction, and environment and strategies to identify and recommend solutions that influence decision makers and inspire change.
- Directs the design and construction of large and complex data sets from large amounts of structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to enable analytical solutions.
- Builds and leads a high performing team of experts in advanced analytics; develops team reputation as highly skilled experts in the field of data science.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field OR 6 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Eight (8) years of experience in predictive modeling, large data analysis and computer science.
- Three (3) years of direct management experience.
- Experience in stochastic modeling, machine learning, and other advanced mathematical techniques (e.g., neural nets, simulation, graph analysis).
- Expert in at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C) and one dynamic scripting language (e.g., Python).
- A strong track record of communicating results, insights, and technical solutions to Senior Executive Management (or equivalent).
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
- Knowledge and application of Data Science principals and experience with data science methodologies.
- Experience with the following statistical and predictive modeling approaches: Gaussian Process; Markov Models; Hierarchical Clustering; K-Means; Linear Regression; Logistic Regression; Monte Carlo Simulation; Neural Networks.
- Deep technical skills, consulting experience, and business savvy to work with all levels and disciplines within our customers' organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with team members and/or business leaders to convey and present very technical information to an audience that may have little or no understanding of technical concepts in data science.
- Experience in experimental design.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods, mathematics, and AI/ML algorithms including traditional general linear model (GLM) family models (including linear and logistic), tree-based methods (random forest, gradient boosted models), deep learning methods (neural networks, etc.), and general optimization methods (e.g., gradient descent, etc.).
- Knowledge in model performance evaluation techniques, metrics and validations strategies (nested-cross-validation, etc.).
- Expert in data visualization using Python/R and Tableau.
- Expert in communicating concepts, proposals, ideas and results to key decision makers.
- Expert in model testing, validation and CI/CD techniques.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Google Cloud Platform.
- Not be afraid of hard work and doing things smarter, taking initiative and providing leadership.
- Experience with Vertex AI ML Ops platform.
- Experience with systems in the Education Space.
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $97253.99 and $175761.85. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem’s Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit: https://careers.adtalem.com/us/en/benefits.
You are also eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Tags: CI/CD Clustering Computer Science Consulting Data analysis Data Mining Data visualization Deep Learning Economics GCP Google Cloud Machine Learning Mathematics Monte Carlo PhD Predictive modeling Python R Research Statistics STEM Tableau Testing Unstructured data
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance Transparency
More jobs like this
Remote or San Francisco, … Remote or San Francisco, California Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 73K - 136K * USD 73K+ *
Director, Data AnalyticsBigQuery Computer Science Data analysis Data Analytics Data governance Data pipelines Data quality +20
Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation Health care +5
United States (Remote) United States (Remote) Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 73K - 136K * USD 73K+ *
Director, Commercial Data AnalysisBusiness Analytics Data analysis Genetics SQL Statistics
Career development Competitive pay Health care Home office stipend Startup environment +1
Remote, REMOTE, United States Remote, REMOTE, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 116K - 210K USD 116K+
Adtalem Global Education
Director, Data EngineeringAgile APIs Architecture AWS Azure Big Data CI/CD +20
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs