Staff Data Scientist, Ads Measurement ML
Remote - United States
Full Time Senior-level / Expert USD 198K - 297K
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Data Scientist to work with our Ads Measurement product team. You will partner closely with a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, etc. 1) to build ad measurement solutions so that advertisers can measure and optimize their Return on Ad Spend (ROAS), and 2) to shape the product roadmap and strategy. In addition to a solid technical background, you will have strong business acumen, and excellent cross-functional stakeholders management skills.
Advertising is Reddit’s primary business model and we have an ambitious goal to turn it into a massive business. Although several large digital ad platforms already exist, advertisers are being increasingly drawn to Reddit because of our passionate communities that drive action. This large number of self-governed communities have highly-engaged users who are in an unduplicated mindset of consuming relevant information. This has created the opportunity for Reddit to build a massive and highly differentiated ads business.
We have spent the past few years building the foundations of a modern ad serving system, building features to help brand and performance advertisers find their audiences on Reddit and get high ROI on their ad spend. We’re now ready to build differentiated products on top of those foundations, utilizing data to drive the product decisions for both short term and long term bets.
As a Machine Learning Data Scientist on the Ads Data team, you’ll be a key player in ensuring we design the right mechanisms to adapt to a changing privacy landscape, play with the large datasets from one of the largest websites, and help define the culture and frameworks for future team members. Reddit sits in a unique place, where there are still a lot of low hanging fruit opportunities that will immediately impact millions of users and thousands of advertisers.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
- Build machine learning models to improve ML focused Ads Measurement products such as Modeled Conversions, and Identity Resolution.
- You will design metrics and mechanisms to understand and evaluate the performance of various Measurement products.
- Be involved in all phases of modeling such as ideation, offline modeling, online implementation, experimentation, deploy and post-launch monitoring/measurements.
- This role will have a lot of overlap with other Machine Learning Engineer roles, but will differ in a couple of areas. First is that you will work mainly on offline modeling and rely on engineers to productionize your models. Secondly, you will have a keen interest in the collection and quality of underlying data (experiment design and analysis, product/feature analyses and data deep dives), along with working on ETLs and data aggregations needed for training, testing and productionizing models.
- Serve as a thought-partner for Product Managers, Engineers, and Leadership in shaping the monetization roadmap and strategy for Reddit by identifying opportunities through deep-dive analyses and/or modeling.
- Be an integral part of the Data Org, leveraging and contributing to the vibrant knowledge base, shared across a community of world-class data experts.
- Relevant experiences in the Ads domain or marketing attribution
- Ph.D., M.S. or Bachelors degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science,, or other quantitative fields (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry data science experience required and if Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry data science experience)
- Proficiency in at least one of the areas: conversion modeling, clustering algorithms, large scale unsupervised learning
- Experience with online experimentation and causal inference
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong skills in programming (Python or R) and SQL
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $198,200 - $297,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Tags: Causal inference Clustering Computer Science Machine Learning ML models Privacy Python R SQL Statistics Testing
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Home office stipend Insurance Medical leave Parental leave
More jobs like this
Boston, MA, United States Boston, MA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 135K USD 115K+
Full Stack Software Engineer (ML Platform) - RemoteAgile AWS Big Data Computer Science Data pipelines DevOps Distributed Systems +14
Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance Salary bonus +2
United States United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 199K - 304K USD 199K+
Faire Wholesale, Inc.
Staff Machine Learning Engineer & Technical Lead - Search & RecommendationComputer Science E-commerce Elasticsearch Engineering Genetics Machine Learning ML models +4
Career development Equity Flex hours Team events
New York City or … New York City or Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 175K - 222K USD 175K+
Engineering Manager, Data Engineering & Data InfrastructureAWS Azure Big Data BigQuery Computer Science Data governance Data pipelines +18
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs