Machine Learning Engineer (All Ranks)
Abridge AIFor providers, patients, and enterprise, our medical AI solutions structure and summarize medical conversations, anywhere care happens.
Our technology is powered by machine learning models that transcribe medical conversations, extract structured data, and compose abstractive summaries in the archetypal styles that doctors know and expect. Getting this machine learning research into production requires solving complex engineering problems at the intersection of software, science, and business processes. We are looking to hire an engineer ready to tackle the massive problems that arise when stitching together machine learning components to form seamless experiences. This requires thoughtful tooling to enable ML teams to rapidly hot-swap components and run end-to-end tests, mature processes around staging and deployment of machine learning pipelines, and tools to support the rapid prototyping and evaluation of improvements to our ML systems. We are looking for an ML engineer ready to work with our current ML ops specialist to take on these challenges. This position requires a mix of engineering skill, ML literacy, the ability to rapidly pick up new tools, and mature thinking around building sustainable pipelines and processes.
What You'll Do:
- Architect, design, and implement machine learning software applications, infrastructure, and evaluation tools.
- Collaborate with machine learning scientists and engineers to deploy models and pipelines.
- Work with stakeholders across machine learning, engineering, and operations teams to build infrastructure to support the movement of models and feedback across the organization.
- Create re-usable software and systems to accelerate development.
- Profile, tune, and optimize system performance and debug production issues.
- Maintain high standards by participating in reviews, designing for fault tolerance, and creating continuous improvement mechanisms.
- Help us to scale our services and compute infrastructure to efficiently serve a growing client base.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of industry software development experience, with a background in design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development.
- Proficient in developing production-quality software in languages such as C++, Python, or Java.
- Proficient with professional software engineering practices & standard practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with cloud based environments
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Ideally, You Have:
- Experience in one or more relevant technical areas: natural language processing, machine learning, distributed systems, or building infrastructure for engineering/science users.
- Expertise with machine learning tools, such as Pytorch, Jax, or Tensorflow.
- Demonstrated experience incubating and productionizing new technology, working closely with research scientists and technical teams from idea generation through implementation.
Why work at Abridge
- Be a part of a trailblazing, mission driven organization that uses audio as the wedge to improve the healthcare delivery experience
- Unlimited PTO, plus 12 national holidays
- Comprehensive and generous benefits package: 100% coverage of employee medical, dental and vision75% coverage for dependent medical, dental and vision401k program
- 16 weeks paid parental leave, for all employees
- Flexible working hours — we care more about what you accomplish than what specific hours you’re working
- Remote work environment
- Equity for all new employees
- Generous equipment budget for your home office setup ($1600)
- Opportunity to work and grow with talented individuals, and have ownership and impact at a high growth startup.
- Plus much more!
At Abridge, we’re driven by our mission to bring understanding and follow-through to every medical conversation. Our culture is founded on doing things the “inverse” way in a legacy system—focusing on patients, instead of the system; focusing on outcomes, instead of billing; and focusing on the end-user experience, instead of a hospital administrator's mandate. Abridgers are engineers, scientists, designers, and health policy experts from a diverse set of backgrounds—an experiment in alchemy that helps us transform an industry dominated by EHRs and enterprise into a consumer-driven experience, one recording at a time. We believe in strong ideas, loosely held, and place a high premium on a growth mindset. We push each other to grow and expose each other to the latest in our respective fields. Whether it’s holding a PhD-level deep dive into understanding fairness and underlying bias in machine learning models, debating the merits of a Scandinavian design philosophy in our UI/UX, or writing responses for Medicare rules to influence U.S. health policy, we prioritize sharing our findings across the team and helping each other be successful. Abridge is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do. We actively welcome applicants from all backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation).
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Distributed Systems Docker Engineering Kubernetes Machine Learning ML models NLP PhD Pipelines Prototyping Python PyTorch Research TDD TensorFlow Testing UX
Perks/benefits: Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Home office stipend Medical leave Parental leave Startup environment Unlimited paid time off
More jobs like this
Boston, MA, United States Boston, MA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 135K USD 115K+
Full Stack Software Engineer (ML Platform) - RemoteAgile AWS Big Data Computer Science Data pipelines DevOps Distributed Systems +14
Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance Salary bonus +2
United States United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 199K - 304K USD 199K+
Faire Wholesale, Inc.
Staff Machine Learning Engineer & Technical Lead - Search & RecommendationComputer Science E-commerce Elasticsearch Engineering Genetics Machine Learning ML models +4
Career development Equity Flex hours Team events
New York City or … New York City or Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 175K - 222K USD 175K+
Engineering Manager, Data Engineering & Data InfrastructureAWS Azure Big Data BigQuery Computer Science Data governance Data pipelines +18
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs