Agronomy Data Scientist (M/W) - CDI
Syngenta Seeds is one of the world’s largest developers and producers of seed for farmers, commercial growers, retailers and small seed companies. Syngenta seeds improve the quality and yields of crops. High-quality seeds ensure better and more productive crops, which is why farmers invest in them. Advanced seeds help mitigate risks such as disease and drought and allow farmers to grow food using less land, less water and fewer inputs. Syngenta Seeds brings farmers more vigorous, stronger, resistant plants, including innovative hybrid varieties and biotech crops that can thrive even in challenging growing conditions. Syngenta Seeds is headquartered in the United States.
As part of our activities in EAME, we are looking for a Agronomy Data Scientist (M/W)
The Agronomy Data Scientist enable data driven decisions, process designs and automations in the EAME Agronomy team.
You will ensure that all discovery projects have a clearly defined hypothesis and a statistically assessed experimental and trial design. You will guarantee the relations with the Global Seed Development Data scientist functions, to represent Agronomy needs, and utilize tools which are provided for a leaner and more automatized data system, and process flow in the organization.
You will take leadership on discovery data projects which are not delivered on a Global Roadmap, but assessed as high priority by the EAME Agronomy team.
The position is offered on a permanent contract, ideally based in our Toulouse Innovation Center, France, Saint Sauveur (31). Other location within Europe could be discussed.
This position requires business trips in Europe (up to 15% for field visits and workshops), and occasionally Worldwide.
Start date: April 2023
Site not accessible by public transport.
You will perform data analysis on all discovery trials to statistically quantify assumptions and Agronomic conclusions. To do so, you will collaborate with different teams to clarify main needs to make proposals on data points and locations to ensure the success of Agronomy data gathering process.
You will review and adjust trial designs for discovery and calibration trials in Agronomy for all crops to fit statistical representativeness, and minimum measurable difference for Syngenta’s customer needs.
Through the use of machine learning tools you will be able to present and propose solutions and strategies for data collection to tackle business challenges.
You will update and improve the Agronomy data processing pipeline to increase efficiency and shorten lead times
You will compare and analyze data quality of different technologies applied in the Agronomy trials (satellites, soil sensors, grain quality sensors..)
You will perform data mining or/and extracting usable data from valuable data sources and analyze large amounts of information to find patterns and solutions
You will collaborate with internal and external data providers and align requirements and data transfer standards and clarify accessible data types and descriptions.
You will analyze comparable data gathering solutions and provide best fit for Agronomy purpose.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering in data science or Statistics with 3 years’experience working as a data scientist with Data Visualization Tools like PowerBI, matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js., Tableau to visually encode data
Proven experience in statistical programming languages like in Python or R, and database query languages like SQL is desirable. Familiarity with Java or C++ is an added advantage.
Strong Math Skills – understanding the fundamentals of Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra
Statistics – Good applied statistical skills, including knowledge of statistical tests, distributions, regression, maximum likelihood estimators, etc.
Basic understanding of Machine Learning – knowledge of machine learning methods like k-Nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, GLM.
Continuous improvement mindset with 6sigma and lean process experience and/or certification
Fluent in English mandatory, French is an advantage (to evolve in a multicultural environment)
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Computer Science D3 Data analysis Data Mining Data quality Data visualization Engineering Linear algebra Machine Learning Mathematics Matplotlib Power BI Python R SQL Statistics Tableau
Perks/benefits: Career development Startup environment
More jobs like this
London, England, United Kingdom London, England, United Kingdom Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 120K * USD 56K+ *
Senior Data ScientistBayesian Computer Science Deep Learning E-commerce Engineering Feature engineering Finance +10
Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care Salary bonus +1
Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 56K - 120K * USD 56K+ *
Data Scientist - Content GenerationArchitecture Computer Vision DALL-E Deep Learning Git GPT GPT-3 +9
Career development Competitive pay Gear Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs