Senior Data Science Engineer
New York or Remote USA
Posted 2 months ago
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
The Data Science Tooling team builds the tools to support our frontline data scientists. These include internal R and Python libraries, dashboards, and data stores.
- You have a passion for improving how data science work is done. You have knowledge and opinions about best practices and are frustrated with wasted effort
- You have an unflagging empathy for people who use your code
- You are a skilled written communicator, you can meet users where they are and help them learn new skills
- You thrive in a remote work environment and are excellent at setting clear goals and holding yourself accountable
- Interface design: you have developed code that was difficult for other people to use, thought carefully about why, and improved it.
- R development: you have written and maintained R code which is used by other people. This could be an R package, or set of internal functions.
- Testing: you have experienced the pain of poor test coverage, and write expressive, complete unit tests
- General knowledge of and experience with data analysis, statistics, and machine learning through education or other experience
Nice to have:
- You have developed production grade Shiny apps
- Python, Java, or Scala experience
- Linux system administration experience, especially with Rstudio Connect or Rstudio Server
- Experience wrapping web APIs especially with httr, curl, or httptest
- Experience working with the DBI ecosystem of database drivers (or SQLAlchemy, etc. in Python)
- You enjoy teaching others how to use new tools (both ones that you’ve developed and ones that you haven’t)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience with h2o
- Experience working with sensitive data
Please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Example of your technical work, this could be a pull request to an R package, a technical blog post, or other analysis. The purpose of this is to evaluate how you solve problems technically, and how you write your functions.
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.