Workforce Data Analyst
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
WORKFORCE DATA ANALYST
- Design, analyze, implement and monitor company-wide workforce planning and headcount tracking/management initiatives to accurately track and forecast evolving workforce needs
- Work with leadership to ensure appropriate usage of time tracking systems to improve data accuracy
- Work with cross functional teams and leadership to understand various business processes and systems used, to therefore develop consistent and standardized guidelines across departments
- Collect and report global data from disparate systems, providing meaningful trend analysis and data-driven recommendations and insights
- Partner with business leaders, Human Resources, Finance and other stakeholders across the company to understand workforce needs
- Utilize data visualization tools to communicate HR data
- Finds opportunities to automate / streamline reports, and redesign reports to include these efficiencies
- Work closely with the data team to design scorecards for various departments, dashboards, and reports that effectively depict information in a concise and meaningful manner
- Manage confidentiality of data by following established security/confidentiality standards
- Take ownership of and ensure integrity of HRIS data through development of audit reports; troubleshoot irregularities; partner with HRIS team to research, correct discrepancies, and lead compliance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Excel for data analysis
- 2 years of HR reporting, workforce planning or financial planning and analytics
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, business, finance, mathematics, computer science or industrial engineering
- Foundation in data analytics principles and methodologies
- Experience using Workday
- Experience using PowerBI, Tableau, or another data visualization tool
- Experience with SQL
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience driving cross-functional change within large organizations
- Solid attention to details and deadlines with a high commitment to accuracy and clean user experience
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.