Head of Data Science and Analytics
San Mateo, CA - Remote
We are a series-A startup building perception systems for autonomy. We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area, funded by NEA, and our core team includes faculty entrepreneurs (Stanford) and industry veterans (Uber, Apple, Amazon Lab126, Rohde & Schwarz), who have successfully shepherded signal processing and machine learning innovations to large-scale software for location improvement and safety at Uber, led the development of state-of-the-art computer vision technologies that shipped over millions of Amazon devices, and delivered zero-to-one product experiences at Uber and Box. Our core product grew out of 5+ years of university R&D by our co-founders. You can find out more about us by visiting our website and our notion page.
Our mission and team expertise spans beyond software to advanced sensor systems, algorithms, embedded systems, signal processing, and machine learning. Our team is building and deploying edge software and cloud services for real-time customer facing products as well as internal big data tools. We look for people with a depth of expertise and experience in one of these areas, and with the intellectual curiosity for interacting with, learning from, and teaching world-class experts in areas outside their expertise.
We currently have a full-time opportunity as Head of Data Science and Analytics at Plato Systems. In this role, you will sit at the intersection of Data science, Engineering, and Product, & work collaboratively with different teams to transform data generated by our fleet of edge devices into data products that are consumable by our end customers.
- Manage a team of SW, data science, and algorithm engineers to generate and deliver data products that provide actionable insights to our industrial customers
- Work with data labeling and data ops teams to ensure QA/QC of data products from our deployed unit.
- Work with our infrastructure team to ensure required tools, APIs, etc are in place to support reliable scalable deployment of insight generation modules
- Deliver insightful data products under tight deadlines.
- Be hands-on in terms of devising requirements for tooling and software development, and performing code reviews
- Work in a data-driven environment, drive process improvement, and work with the stakeholders to translate high-level business goals to working software solutions and customer-facing outputs.
- End-to-end ownership in terms of definition, development, evaluation, integration, test, documentation, and ensuring scalability / availability of deployed services.
- Develop and improve the current data architecture, data quality, monitoring and data availability.
- Prepare technical roadmaps
- Bachelor's, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, applied science, or a related engineering field.
- 6+ years experience and demonstrated experience in working on data products and/or managing technical sw teams
- End-to-end ownership experience and prior experience with 0-1 building of tools and platforms
- Self-starter, methodical, motivated, responsible, innovative and technology-driven person who performs well both solo and as a team member
- A proactive problem solver that has great communications as well as project management skills to relay findings and solutions across technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with one or more of time-series analysis, statistical analysis, anomaly detection, and computer vision fundamentals
- Prior demonstrated exposure to data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting / analytics / dashboard tools.
- Strong skills in Git, Docker, Airflow, real time ETL pipelines.
- Experience working with data infrastructure (AWS services, etc) and providing framework to rationalize and simplify both real time and batch data pipelines.
- Prior experience with modern data technologies stack such as Data Bricks, Airflow, or similar solutions.
- Prior experience with data visualization tools and packages.
- Comfort in working with business teams to gather requirements and gain a deep understanding of varied datasets
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Airflow APIs Architecture AWS Big Data Computer Science Computer Vision Databricks DataOps Data pipelines Data quality Data visualization Data warehouse Docker ELT Engineering ETL Git Industrial Machine Learning PhD Pipelines R R&D Statistics Teaching
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Remote or San Francisco, … Remote or San Francisco, California Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 73K - 136K * USD 73K+ *
Director, Data AnalyticsBigQuery Computer Science Data analysis Data Analytics Data governance Data pipelines Data quality +20
Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation Health care +5
United States (Remote) United States (Remote) Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 73K - 136K * USD 73K+ *
Director, Commercial Data AnalysisBusiness Analytics Data analysis Genetics SQL Statistics
Career development Competitive pay Health care Home office stipend Startup environment +1
Remote, REMOTE, United States Remote, REMOTE, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 97K - 175K USD 97K+
Adtalem Global Education
Director, Data ScienceCI/CD Clustering Computer Science Consulting Data analysis Data Mining Data visualization +17
401(k) matching Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs