Co-Op/Intern Software Engineer, AI Platform
Toronto, Canada; Remote, Canada
KinaxisKinaxis supply chain planning software revolutionizes planning by delivering the agility to make fast, confident decisions for your integrated business planning and digital supply chain.
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Co-op/Intern Software Engineer, AI Platform
Job location: Toronto, Canada
Term Length: 12 or 16 months starting May 2023
About the team
We, the Kinaxis AI Platform (AIP) team members, are champions and tool builders of big data and ML processing on the cloud. We work closely with our fellow data scientists, analysts, and stakeholders around the globe to build cutting-edge innovative and industrial-strength AI solutions for our global supply chains. The uniqueness of our team is this we apply our deep expertise and passion for software engineering disciplines, i.e. functional programming and DevOps, on the exciting technological landscape of cloud/big data/machine learning with a strong commitment to our product in a company that puts people first.
What you will do
- Develop software around data engineering, machine learning and cloud DevOps technologies
- You will be exposed to Data Engineering, Machine learning and Cloud technologies
- Closely work with our seasoned engineers following best practices such as pair programming, unit testing, functional programming
- You will deliver a ML platform that solves a real-world business problem
- Participate in our scrum ceremonies, design sessions and code reviews
- You will get to apply your software knowledge, skills and gain mastery
- May perform other projects as assigned
What we are looking for
- Knowledge/experience in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Experience in a relational database (Postgres, Oracle, MySQL)
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate complex ideas and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn in fast-paced environment
Things that would definitely help
- Knowledge and experience in programming
- Exposure to DevOps and Cloud-based solutions
- Showcase of your work in github or bitbucket or similar
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
More jobs like this
South San Francisco, California South San Francisco, California InternshipEntry Entry-level
Machine Learning Research Engineering Intern (Remote)Biology Computer Science Engineering GPU Machine Learning Model training PhD +2
Career development Conferences Medical leave Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs