Tapad - Sr. Data Scientist - Adtech/Identity (Remote)
New York City, United States
ExperianExperian is committed to helping you protect, understand, and improve your credit. Start with your free Experian credit report and FICO® score.
Position is open to Remote candidates in the US or Canada. Must be able to work starting around 9am EST or earlier to connect with teammates in Oslo, Norway.
As a leader in consumer data and identity-based marketing solutions, Experian Marketing Services is improving the business and consumer experience by offering a complete identity solution. We’re doing so through a clearer view across the digital customer buying journey and with strong acquisitions of leading AdTech and MarTech providers with the most recent being Tapad, a leading digital identity resolution provider.
Founded in 2010, Tapad cracked the code on cross-device marketing technology. Our groundbreaking, proprietary technology assimilates trillions of data points to find the relationship between smartphones, desktops, laptops, tablets, and connected TVs. Ten years later, we are processing data at petabyte scale, with an engineering team that comprises roughly half of our entire organization. When you work with us, you matter, and your work matters.
We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Small Teams; Big Data
Our Data Scientists are responsible for turning new ideas into innovative products. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will lead critical work programs, actualizing your research and solutions into concrete commercial products and services.
You will leverage cutting edge technologies and techniques to impact our core intellectual property and commercial products. This includes, but is not limited to, machine learning, deep learning, NLP, Google Cloud AI Platform, BigQuery, TensorFlow Extended, and Kubeflow Pipelines.
Technologies we use at Tapad (don’t worry, we’ll teach you):
- Python, SQL, Scala
- Spark, SparkML, AutoML, SciKit Learn, BigQuery ML, Airflow, etc.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Tensorflow Extended (TFX), BigQuery
A day in the life as a Tapad Senior Data Scientist:
- You will use machine learning (e.g., deep learning), clustering, statistical modeling, and other advanced techniques to infer connections from petabytes of data
- Employ predictive modeling, data mining, graph algorithms, and other data science techniques to contribute to and enhance our cross-device identity resolution portfolio
- Design experiments and apply appropriate metrics to measure the impact of the developed models
- Lead projects from ideation through research and development to productization
- Partner with other data scientists and engineers to turn various machine learning, clustering, and statistical solutions into viable and scalable products
- Collaborate with product managers and business partners to understand market needs and identify new opportunities for Tapad
We are looking for candidates who meet some of the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. in a Quantitative Discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, etc.) or 6+ years of equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience as a Data Scientist, specifically in applying Machine Learning techniques, advanced analytics, and statistical modeling
- Must have 1+ years of experience in the advertising technology or marketing technology industry
- Experience in productionization of Machine Learning research results, and ML project lifecycle management
- Proven track record of leading projects from ideation through solution to implementation
- Experience working with large data sets using SQL, Spark, Hadoop, or MapReduce
- Understanding of programming concepts and experience with programming languages, such as Python, R, Java, Scala, MATLAB
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in working on large-scale, distributed system environment(s)
Culture at Experian
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours.
Experian's culture, people, and environments are key differentiators. We take our people's agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible work, development, engagement, collaboration, wellness, rewards & recognitions, volunteering... the list goes on!
- 4 weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian Marketing Service’s mission is to accelerate client success through enabling ecosystems, partnerships, and technology solutions. We help brands put people at the heart of their business and have meaningful interactions with their customers.
Founded in 2010, Tapad cracked the code on cross-device marketing technology, creating not only the first but the most robust global cross-device digital identity graph on the market. Ten years later, The Tapad Graph enables marketers to maximize their digital marketing investment for years to come. In November 2020, Experian acquired Tapad, which furthers Experian’s strong commitment to digital identity, activation and connected TV. As a leading provider of consumer data analytics and targeting solutions, Experian Marketing Services has a rapidly growing need to continue expanding our strategy on identity data and services to meet market demand.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
Please contact us at JobPostingInquiry@experian.com to request the salary range of this position (please include the exact Job Title as it reads above in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including 12 company paid holidays and parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Airflow Big Data BigQuery Chemistry Clustering Computer Science Data Analytics Data Mining Deep Learning Engineering GCP Google Cloud Hadoop Kubeflow Machine Learning Mathematics Matlab NLP Physics Pipelines Predictive modeling Python R Research Scala Scikit-learn Spark SparkML SQL Statistical modeling Statistics TensorFlow
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance Parental leave Startup environment Wellness
More jobs like this
Brooklyn, NY, United States Brooklyn, NY, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 184K - 205K USD 184K+
Senior Applied Scientist II, Search RankingData analysis Deep Learning E-commerce Engineering GCP Google Cloud Kubeflow +9
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Salary bonus +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs