Analytics & Data Science Curriculum Specialist
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
About the role:
As an Analytics & Data Science Curriculum Specialist, you will directly contribute to DataCamp’s mission of democratizing data education by building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. A typical day will involve designing content for key vertical customers and learners, gathering critical input from stakeholders, and creating your own content. You will drive our content strategy forward by partnering closely with cross-functional teams to define and deliver on the next phase of our analytics and data science curriculum. You will develop content solutions and build significant relationships with key data science experts in the field to execute on the huge market potential. With strong technical competency in Python or R and SQL, and the ability to lead and influence across functional groups, you will make data-driven decisions and lead complex projects to successful completion.
To be effective in this role, you must have a sincere interest in education technology and data science as well as experience in project and/or product management. This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data science and education, who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data scientists and building the world’s best network of data science instructors.
In this role, you will focus your time on the following areas:
- Assess subject matter experts who apply to become DataCamp instructors.
- Create detailed specifications for new content, including courses, practice, and projects.
- Effectively set and hold instructors accountable for deliverable deadlines.
Curriculum Design & Content Creation:
- Create content for analytics and data science curriculum areas, including Python, R, SQL, and more.
- Collect and implement feedback on content design from internal and external sources.
- Use various inputs, including data and market research, to inform curriculum decisions.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years in a technical project management or product management role
- Strong technical understanding of Python or R, and SQL
- Ability to pick up new programming languages quickly
- Able to effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others, including non-technical audiences
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
- Experience presenting at conferences or writing blog posts is a plus
- Know when to push back, challenge an idea, and seek out compromise, and do so positively and for the benefit of the company
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Content creation Market research Python R Research SQL
Perks/benefits: Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity Flex hours Startup environment Team events
More jobs like this
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain - … Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 62K - 135K * USD 62K+ *
Data Analyst Specialist (Full remote within Spain)Agile Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Mining Economics ETL +7
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Snacks / Drinks +1
Remote or San Francisco, … Remote or San Francisco, California Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 73K - 136K * USD 73K+ *
Director, Data AnalyticsBigQuery Computer Science Data analysis Data Analytics Data governance Data pipelines Data quality +20
Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation Health care +5
United States (Remote) United States (Remote) Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 73K - 136K * USD 73K+ *
Director, Commercial Data AnalysisBusiness Analytics Data analysis Genetics SQL Statistics
Career development Competitive pay Health care Home office stipend Startup environment +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs