Senior Data Scientist, Ads Quality Analytics
Remote - United States
Full Time Senior-level / Expert USD 183K - 275K
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to work within the Ads Data Science team. You will work closely with engineers and product owners from our Ads team to 1) optimize ads delivery and auction systems, 2) shape product roadmap and strategy of ads quality and relevance. This person has a solid business acumen and knows what is important to advertisers and users (i.e. redditors). In addition, this person needs to demonstrate strong cross-functional stakeholders management capabilities.
- Research, design and develop contextual ad relevance measurements. Reddit ad is a combination of text, image, user and ad engagement attributes. You will use modern statistical models to combine those signals and develop measures for ad quality.
- You will design metrics and experiments to understand marketplace tradeoffs between user engagement and ad quality, as well as measure long term user impact of ad quality. You will develop models that would optimize both ad quality and ad delivery.
- Serve as a thought-partner for product managers, engineering managers and leadership in shaping the monetization roadmap and strategy for Reddit by identifying actionable and impactful insights through deep-dive analyses and analytics insights.
- Relevant experiences in ads marketplace.
- Ph.D., M.S. or Bachelors degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry data science experience required and if Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry data science experience).
- Deep understanding of online experimentation and causal inference.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proficiency in machine learning, statistical modeling, and optimization.
- Strong skills in SQL and programming (Python or R).
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Tags: Causal inference Computer Science Economics Engineering Machine Learning Python R Research SQL Statistical modeling Statistics
Perks/benefits: 401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex vacation Health care Home office stipend Insurance Medical leave Parental leave
More jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs