Systems Engineer (Big Data)
Crystal City, Virginia
Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems? Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people? How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level? If any of this sounds appealing to you, look no further.
- Directly support customer with enterprise deployments of Hadoop Ecosystem.
- Provide engineering support for migration to include architectural design, implementation, integration, and support
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot environments at customer site on cloud (AWS) and on-site instances in a Linux environment.
- 5 or more years of engineering and administrative experience
- Proven systems engineering experience with Hadoop clusters
- Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS, YARN, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, HBase, Oozie)
- Proven experience with cluster architecture, design and deployment
- Candidate’s core competencies shall be in Systems Engineering/Administration.
- Candidate’s secondary competencies shall be in Network Engineering/Administration
- Data lake administration, installation, and migration between versions and security
- Strong Linux background and remote administration of virtual machines (ssh, Putty, MobaXterm)
- Experience with Hortonworks, Cloudera, AWS EMR, Databricks
- Experience with datacenter management or hybrid cloud
- Basic Experience with programming (Python or Java) or Bash scripting
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Big Data
- Must currently possess an active US government Top Secret/SCI clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.