vidIQvidIQ helps you acquire the tools and knowledge needed to grow your audience faster on YouTube and beyond. Learn More
vidIQ’s mission is to advance the creator's journey with actionable data-driven insights. We pursue this through our values of being creator obsessed, lean and fast, and being scientific. We have already helped millions of creators, and we are looking for stunning co-workers to join us in helping millions more.
Imagine a product that reached over a million users without a sales team. That same product is at the edge of where careers are headed, where every person becomes their own brand with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at vidIQ – an infinite market, a large and highly engaged customer base, and the chance to help build and scale vidIQ's data engine that drives insights for millions of creators.
Join a truly global, remote team: Work from anywhere! Have co-workers all around the world. Get the opportunity to travel for events and company meet-ups. Leave better than you came in: We are always learning at vidIQ. We learn by doing. We learn from each other — and we are incentivized to attend conferences, obtain certifications, and take training courses. Build the future with us: In today’s ever-changing world of technology, video is coming in fast and hard to dominate both the entertainment and marketing space. With multiple devices to choose from — from mobile to tablet, desktop to streaming video on our televisions, more and more people are not only using video to make purchasing decisions but also changing the way they receive their entertainment. Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: We are setting precedents and coming up against challenges no one has seen before. You will need to be resourceful and creative. You will not be bored! Right time, right place: We are small enough that you will have true ownership and the feel of a close-knit team. But, we are established enough to have hit profitability and product-market fit, which gives us a fun and challenging field to play on!
We want to empower Creators. We help creators on their journey to being better video creators through tools and training. Just about every single human on this planet loves to listen to stories, to experience them, and some to tell them. Because of the opportunity the internet gives us where people are able to build businesses while in the comfort of their own home, a lot of people are seeking this opportunity and many of them, with amazing stories, are giving up too fast. There's too much bad information out there on how creators become successful, how they build their audiences. vidIQ challenges this status quo by giving creators the tools and knowledge needed to grow their audiences faster by enabling them to uncover their own opportunities by just using vidIQ.We believe that by equipping people with the best tools and education to solve their own problems, we can tackle the whole world's problems. The ProductThe best way to understand vidIQ is to play with the product: www.vidiq.com/extension
We've heard vidIQ described many ways. It can be the tool that you use to manage your YouTube channel, making deep analytical insights accessible that saves dozens of hours a week. When someone attends any of our live streams or academy, it's the education every creators need to be successful. We're also known as the best video keyword research tool available to many folks. At vidIQ's core, it's a tool that gives creators what they need to navigate toward the success they want to have because of the tools and education made readily available.
So Why Join Us?
Our work is exciting as we are transforming the creator analytics space. This has provided many of us the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects. Equally, we’ve set up our people for success by giving them professional development opportunities like courses or conferences that will help them acquire desirable skills/experience.
Our company has met the future of work head on, with a fully remote company, capable of giving you flexibility to balance work and life. When it’s time to go on a break, we have an unlimited vacation policy so you can recharge.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion . We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize diverse talent and an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
What you will be doing
- Building efficient, critical data pipelines, including ETL, partitioning data, data compaction, and AWS optimization
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, product analysts to create the data sets that power vidIQ’s algorithms
- Be an advocate for data quality, acquisition of new data sources, and data infrastructure tooling
- Work closely with cross-functional teammates, including product managers, designers, product analysts, and data scientists, to deliver the highest impact to our users
So what will you do at vidIQ in this Data Engineer role?
vidIQ is seeking a highly-motivated Senior Data Engineer with 4+ years of hands-on data engineering experience to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be a go-getter with the ability to work independently. In this role, you will have oversight of partitioning data, building an ETL pipeline, data compaction, and AWS optimization.
You must be highly collaborative and a self-starter who is able to work in a fast-paced environment. Strong communication skills are essential in this role, as it will be integral in communicating to the back-end team where and how to implement data integration and persistence. You will also communicate to management the volumes of data we are gathering, as well as communicate the data access points and how to use this data, to the team and management.
You might be a fit if...
- 4+ years experience using Python for internal data pipelines (moving data inside AWS account) numpy, pandas
- Additional experience with DynamoDB, Lambda, Athena, Iceberg, S3, AWS Glue, familiarity with Spark preferred
- Hands-on experience with data workflow orchestration (Airflow)
- Proven track record of working with cross-functional teams in an agile-like environment
- Ability to communicate data concepts, requirements, and risks clearly to cross-functional team members, especially product analysts, data scientists, and product managers
- Preferably, you have experience developing ML-based products & services
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Airflow Athena AWS Data pipelines Data quality DynamoDB Engineering ETL Lambda Machine Learning NumPy Pandas Pipelines Python Research Spark Streaming
Perks/benefits: Career development Conferences Flex vacation Team events Unlimited paid time off
More jobs like this
Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, … Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina Full TimeContractMid Mid-levelUSD 150K - 249K * USD 150K+ *
ML Research EngineerArchitecture Classification Engineering Linear algebra Machine Learning ML models Privacy +5
Career development Flex hours Startup environment Team events
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom … Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 73K - 120K * USD 73K+ *
Data Engineer - UK RemoteAgile Azure CI/CD Clustering Data management Data Warehousing Engineering +7
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs