Software Engineer, Machine Learning & Program Analysis
London, Tel Aviv, Zurich
We’re looking for an experienced and collaborative software engineer to build the next generation of code analysis based on a combination of machine learning and logical reasoning. What we call Snyk’s DeepCode Engine: the most advanced platform for semantic code analysis over BigCode.
The team will be focused on solving challenges including:
- automatic learning of API specifications and using them to discover new security vulnerabilities
- creating real-time high-precision analyser based on logical reasoning and machine learning
You’ll spend your time:
- developing algorithms that analyse millions of lines of code in seconds
- using or contributing to a state-of-the-art Datalog solver
- creating distributed systems that use these algorithms to build SaaS applications, delivering the results to users fast
You should apply if you:
- have program analysis experience or developed large systems using C++
- are interested in algorithms and data structures
- want to work on a new generation of explainable machine learning tools
- love working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers
- prioritise collaboration, pair programming, and code review
- work sustainably, quickly, and iteratively
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have completed research on machine learning for code
- understand the importance of testing and code quality
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps, and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS, and others). We also raised an additional $150 Million, announced January 21st, 2020, from investors such as Stripes and Salesforce Ventures, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential.
We believe open-source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.