Lead Data Engineer
FigmentFigment is the world’s leading provider of blockchain infrastructure. We provide the most comprehensive staking solution including rewards optimization, rapid API development, rewards reporting, partner integrations, governance, and slashing...
At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
About this Role
“We are seeking a data engineer to help grow the figment data team.
The candidate should have a track record of delivering solutions in a collaborative team setting and have several years of demonstrated work experience designing, implementing and maintaining data solutions to support both internal and external use cases.
This is a full-time remote position, for candidates in North American time zones (+1/-1). If you enjoy complex data problems, building data platform solutions, and providing real business impact, then this role may be a good fit for you. Ideal candidates are comfortable working in an unstructured environment, dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity, minimal direction, and working across a range of projects.”
What you will be doing
- Lead a team of data engineers through the full project life cycle: design, implementation, testing, production, enhancing, & maintaining.
- Work with business units to coordinate defining requirements for the data team and project roadmap.
- Provide hands-on guidance, leadership, mentorship and promote the career development of team members.
- Lead regular retrospectives and planning sessions.
- Provide input for the organization's data engineering goals.
- Assess the effectiveness of the overall data platform and technology stack to balance performance with cost and engineering productivity.
- Take part in the data engineering interview process
What you will bring to the team
- Significant experience in data and/or software engineering along with project + people management.
- Familiar with modern cloud data platforms and how to build, operate, maintain, and enhance them.
- Results-oriented individual with a high EQ and attention to detail.
- A management style that empowers and helps the team grow in their career goals
- A collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions
What you could bring to the team (optional)
- Experience with:
- Our stack (AWS, Snowflake, Dagster, dbt, Fivetran, Monte Carlo)
- Our tools (Terraform, GitHub, Jira, Slack, PageDuty)
At Figment, our mission is to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web 3 ecosystem. This is Figment’s unique approach: we make it simple to build on the next generation of blockchain technology.
We provide enterprise grade node and staking infrastructure and developer tools while also actively participating in community & governance.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: AWS Blockchain Dagster Engineering FiveTran GitHub Jira Monte Carlo Snowflake Terraform Testing
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Boston, MA, United States Boston, MA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 115K - 135K USD 115K+
Full Stack Software Engineer (ML Platform) - RemoteAgile AWS Big Data Computer Science Data pipelines DevOps Distributed Systems +14
Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance Salary bonus +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Manager jobs
- Open BI Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Cloud Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Sr Data Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst, Partner Development - (Statistics/ML/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open Data quality-related jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Privacy-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Data warehouse-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs