Data Analytics & Technology Manager
Data Analytics & Technology Manager
NARTA (North American Retail Technology & Analytics) is focused on leveraging quantitative business analytics, cutting-edge tools and data science techniques, and business process improvements to drive growth across Wayfair. This cross-functional and entrepreneurial team is directly responsible for managing reporting, developing technology solutions, and optimizing processes that enable and empower retail performance for Wayfair. Our goal is to help suppliers grow their business on our sites and to help Wayfair win in the online home space.
This role will be focused on driving analytics and strategy around Wayfair’s wholesale cost levels. Your goal will be to equip category, promotions, and brand leaders with the resources and data they need to understand Wayfair’s current position, identify key opportunities for improvement, drive strategic decision-making, and directly impact Wayfair’s bottom line.
This position will require working cross-functionally and globally to uphold best-in-class standards for implementation, and will provide an opportunity to drive high-impact initiatives with executive-level visibility.
How is this opportunity unique?
Wayfair is a data-driven environment. Candidates with experience using data to drive decision-making are great matches.
We move fast and take risks. If you loved working at a start-up or in another fast-paced, risk-taking environment, you’d enjoy working at Wayfair. Be prepared to constantly evolve.
Be an owner. The North America Retail Technology & Analytics team has a 360° view across suppliers, supplier-facing business teams, and internal Wayfair technology and product teams. You’ll need to be able to gain buy-in from senior leaders and cross-functional teams to accomplish your goals.
Our business is in high-growth stage and so is our team. We’re looking for team members who are ready and eager to get their hands dirty and drive results right away.
What You'll Do
- Create and drive data, reporting, and analytics focus on ensuring competitive price levels across Wayfair’s sites
- Develop innovative analytical methodologies to answer strategic business questions across the organization
- Help prioritize, define, and develop technology solutions to support our cost efforts, serving as the interface between external supplier-facing teams and internal product engineering / technology teams
- Identify, prioritize, and pursue opportunities to improve global coordination and cross-functional integration across the Wayfair business
- Facilitate trainings and manage content delivery to the Wayfair organization
What You'll Need
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills; experience with other data analysis / exploration tools a plus (Looker, Google Big Query, Google Data Studio, etc.)
- Strong quantitative skills: ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct analyses, vet and pressure-test data, and synthesize findings
- Excellent communication skills: ability to summarize and tailor your communication style to your audience
- Exceptional problem-solving skills: ability to dissect and conclude root causes, and vet / prioritize potential solutions (near- and long-term)
- Comfortable managing and prioritizing multiple cross-functional projects at once
- Ability to learn and act quickly, making decisions and drawing conclusions in the face of ambiguity
- Experience managing others is a plus
- 5+ years of relevant experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.